Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tailgater rear-ended a Yaris

• 17-08-2016 10:29pm
    Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

saw the aftermath this morning,

if the gentleman had allowed 3 centimetres moe courtesy to the driver n front , 3cm and he would have avoided hitting her, the roads were like ice dis morning,

had to feel ssoryy for the guy, the van looked to be fully loadaed, it was circa 8am, and it looked like his day was ruined

i know if i rang up my manager and told him i'd rammed the back of a car i'd be getting my p45 the next morning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

If the roads were like ice then 3cm would do nothing to stopping in time.
    You must have been fairly close to both of them in order to accurately measure the gap between them.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

bear1 wrote: »
    If the roads were like ice then 3cm would do nothing to stopping in time.
    You must have been fairly close to both of them in order to accurately measure the gap between them.

ya i was overtaking them at the time so i seen it pretty well, , he rammed circa 30cm into the back of the yaris,

anyway it;s not my problem but i knew from the amount my own wheels wer spinning that the roads were liike grease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Surely you should not be spinning your wheels when the road was greasy while rubbernecking :confused:

While complaining about bad driving :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

XR3i wrote: »
    i was overtaking them at the time so i seen it pretty well

I hear you're a hypocrite now, father

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

i know if i rang up my manager and told him i'd rammed the back of a car i'd be getting my p45 the next morning

That would be a slam dunk case of unfair dismissal. I think the OP is exaggerating a good story into an unbelievable one.

Still tailgating is stupid, especially in icy conditions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's all about driving appropriately for the conditions and the vehicle you're driving. doesn't matter if it's the best car in the world or the worst, on the best day or the worst of the year. if you lose control, you're not driving appropriately for the coditions. you might be doing 100km/h or 10km/h. know your vehicle, know your roads and drive for the conditions and assume everyone else on the road is an idiot who might decide to crash into you at any moment. sooner or later, you'll be right! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

vibe666 wrote: »
    it's all about driving appropriately for the conditions and the vehicle you're driving. doesn't matter if it's the best car in the world or the worst, on the best day or the worst of the year. if you lose control, you're not driving appropriately for the coditions. you might be doing 100km/h or 10km/h. know your vehicle, know your roads and drive for the conditions and assume everyone else on the road is an idiot who might decide to crash into you at any moment. sooner or later, you'll be right! :D

It could also be about having brutal tyres.

corglass wrote: »
    That would be a slam dunk case of unfair dismissal. I think the OP is exaggerating a good story into an unbelievable one.

i beg your pardon but the rear0ended driver looked like she could do with a few bob, i mean if the rear-ender was driving privately it would be something he could try to appeal, but when he's driving a company van they will pay out rather than contest

fkin hell sometimes itas like teaching 5-year olda around here

Need a few bob? I'm lost so the person who got rear ended looks poor? Wouldn't be havin a hand in the auld bash for cash now would ya? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

corglass wrote: »

i beg your pardon but the rear0ended driver looked like she could do with a few bob, i mean if the rear-ender was driving privately it would be something he could try to appeal, but when he's driving a company van they will pay out rather than contest

Your post doesn't relate to what I said???

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    Need a few bob? I'm lost so the person who got rear ended looks poor? Wouldn't be havin a hand in the auld bash for cash now would ya? ;)

cynical :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

It could also be about having brutal tyres.
    you mean the tyres that are part of the aforementioned "vehicle" you're driving?

your tyres are still your responsibility. if you have brutal tyres, that's down to the owner of the car, usually you. they're one of the most ijmportant bits of the car because they connect you to the road and if they're brutal, you need to account for that and drive accordingly, or not be cheap and get decent tyres to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

This turned quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

What a car crash of a thread. Anybody know what's going on?

There should be no drink posting in the motors forum

bmwguy wrote: »
    What a car crash of a thread. Anybody know what's going on?

There should be no drink posting in the motors forum
    saw the aftermath this morning,

if the gentleman had allowed 3 centimetres moe courtesy to the driver n front , 3cm and he would have avoided hitting her, the roads were like ice dis morning,

had to feel ssoryy for the guy, the van looked to be fully loadaed, it was circa 8am, and it looked like his day was ruined

ya i was overtaking them at the time so i seen it pretty well, , he rammed circa 30cm into the back of the yaris,

anyway it;s not my problem but i knew from the amount my own wheels wer spinning that the roads were liike grease

That should sum up the thread for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

XR3i wrote:

I see 6 or 7 grammatical errors in this sentence.
    A 4 year-old shouldn't be trying to teach 5 year-olds.

I see 6 or 7 grammatical errors on this sentence.

Cough, IN this sentence :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I see 6 or 7 grammatical errors in this sentence.

It's just slightly ironic that you have a couple of your own.

Advertisement