Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campers at ring road near Hotel Kilkenny

Options
  • 17-08-2016 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I was walking along the ring road and I noticed a few people with their tents up on a patch of grass between the road and the river at the back of Hotel Kilkenny. Their cars are parked up there too and it looks like they're driving up onto the footpath and into the grassed area. Looks dodgy.

Does anyone know what the story is here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Saw that too, I think they are there since the start of Art's week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Didn't seem to be affecting anyone and they are not making a mess so leave them be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Hippies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So they're not members of our treasured indigenous minority community then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hunkypex

They are members of the Travelling community. They were pitched outsde shankill castle in paulstown for about a week before travelling to the metropolis. While they're not bothering anyone they have young children. I was under the impression that a halting site would be meant to be used with children?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

hunkypex wrote: »
    They are members of the Travelling community. They were pitched outsde shankill castle in paulstown for about a week before travelling to the metropolis. While they're not bothering anyone they have young children. I was under the impression that a halting site would be meant to be used with children?
    Are we getting a Third Family......:eek:

Advertisement