Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of gym membership? (student)

• 17-08-2016 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering how much membership costs for students?

Am currently studying in DCU as a mature student where it costs 200 for membership throughout the academic year, a bit peeved as it used to be free when I was going to UCC a few years back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Just Gym membership is free and the gym and pool membership is around €90 I think.
    All you have to do for gym is do an induction and fill out a form :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

AlfaJack wrote: »
    Just Gym membership is free and the gym and pool membership is around €90 I think.
    All you have to do for gym is do an induction and fill out a form :)

Is that for all students attending any university it just for UCD students?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 psychology_15

I think it's just for UCD students. Maybe they'd have a discount for external students, but their regular membership prices would probably be more than what you're paying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

convert wrote: »
    Is that for all students attending any university it just for UCD students?

oh sorry yeah just for UCD students as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Hey just wondering how much membership costs for students?

Am currently studying in DCU as a mature student where it costs 200 for membership throughout the academic year, a bit peeved as it used to be free when I was going to UCC a few years back!

You have to pay the student contribution charge which is 220€ it includes the gym membership, among other things. But this charge is compulsory for all students.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Andru93 wrote: »
    You have to pay the student contribution charge which is 220€ it includes the gym membership, among other things. But this charge is compulsory for all students.

Ah, compulsory charge for DCU students is only €43.

I'm in the DCU Gym but its definitely fairer to let people pay for it if they use it rather than charge everybody.

Advertisement