Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Drogheda?

Options
  • 17-08-2016 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any gyms? I'm not a member of any right now and I don't have any particular preferences for facilities so I'd like to hear about any. If you could give me a price, even better! Previous threads on here have made me worry about some opening up only to shut a few months later without giving anyone their money back, so established ones would be preferred. Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Not sure what sort of a gym you are looking for but Primal Fitness in Greenhills are top notch. They've no fancy machines or changing rooms but they are really good at what they do. They do a lot of classes & do PT as well. I've done a good few classes with them & some PT - it's a lot of weights, squats, planks etc. I've been in a good few of the gyms in Drogheda & am sticking with them. They are really encouraging. I find that a lot of the gyms give you a workout plan & then you don't see them for six or so weeks. And no one ever comes up and says "hey, you're doing that all wrong, let me show you how it should be done". They are always making sure that you are doing the exercises correctly. They are really good with the diet tips too. I've really noticed a difference. Think they charge ten quid a class but they have different packages as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I'm with Energie in the M1 retail park for 4 weeks now and I find them good enough. Always clean, never too busy, steam room and sauna seem to be reliable, good quality equipment, decent showers.......pool seems fine even though I don't use it, and the staff are sound. Actually that reminds me.....need to get up off my lazy ass and get in there! Bear in mind that I've not been there very long so it's first impressions really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I usually go with the closest Gym to where I live/work.

If you want a gym with pool - Aura\Boyne Valley\Energy\Integral

Others, boyneside, unapproved, primal fitness, you can check them all out on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MuadDib1990

Is the gym in South gate still closed? I live in Grange Rath, there are no other gyms nearby.

Is the gym in South gate still closed? I live in Grange Rath, there are no other gyms nearby.

It's ampt fitness now, they do classes, you can check them on Facebook

Luke kelly also operates out of there,classes and personal training, again you can look him up on Facebook.

• Advertisement

Thats too bad, I was looking for a "classic" gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

I think Unapproved fits the bill as a classic gym. No harm going down for a look

Will do, thx.

I'm in unapproved myself, really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Where is Unapproved, is it near DPL? Also how much is the membership?

PS: It's near DPD depot, north of the town near St Olivers NS.. too far for me unfortunately, sounds like a nice setup.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Unapproved+Training+Facility/@53.7307088,-6.3527024,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48673a052a3de903:0x731b89223a868f2!8m2!3d53.7322067!4d-6.3470376

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

It's moved to the centre of town now. It's in the old Des Kelly carpet shop in the Fairgreen, beside Murtaghs paints.
    I think it's €300 for the year, €120 for 4mths and €35/mth

If you live near Southgate the closest gym to you is the boyne valley - boyneside - unapproved

Two years later, I wonder what are the options for gyms in Drogheda now ... Any new gyms in town?

to add to the ones mentioned above

Southgate has AMPT (classes and personal training)
    The town centre has opened a gym(energie or some franchise similar)
    Sean Kilroy classes up beside LMFM
    Drogheda Crossfit in Boyneside
    CNOC (crossfit) in Duleek
    GK Gym (Gary Kelly)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

you also have Laoch Barbell in the centre of the town and SBG (in GK Gym building)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Also Forge Fitness in Duleek Business Park as well.

Full power another mma classes up by johns shops.

Sorry about resurrecting and old thread - but any massive changes in Drogheda gym scene?

Boyne Valley seems to be in refurbishment forever, and still no date when the pool will reopen.

Aura seems to be the only option for a gym with pool on the south side of the Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

There's a new one in the old SuperValu called FBT Gym. No pool though, it's just your classic low cost gym.

Advertisement