Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir suggest you create an online account but when you cancel you dont get a paper bil

Options
  • 18-08-2016 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine cancelled eir on 6 jul, or put it another way, switched provider.  But they got a bill from eir on 6 jul or put it another way it was an email, so to access it one would need to log on,  however eir ceased the account.  They got another bill on 4 aug or I should say an email and asked to log on to view bill but as already noted account is closed so they cant see bill!!

It strikes me as very strange and its impossible to check bill, as there is no bill.

Can eir actually get away with this?  The person concerned is in their 70's.  And eir must be aware of that fact.

So basically for 6 days in july they have been billed .......  over 100 euro!!  methinks comreg need to get involved in this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

swoofer wrote: »
    A friend of mine cancelled eir on 6 jul, or put it another way, switched provider.  But they got a bill from eir on 6 jul or put it another way it was an email, so to access it one would need to log on,  however eir ceased the account.  They got another bill on 4 aug or I should say an email and asked to log on to view bill but as already noted account is closed so they cant see bill!!

It strikes me as very strange and its impossible to check bill, as there is no bill.

Can eir actually get away with this?  The person concerned is in their 70's.  And eir must be aware of that fact.

So basically for 6 days in july they have been billed .......  over 100 euro!!  methinks comreg need to get involved in this one.
    Hi swoofer,

Thanks for getting in touch, a paper bill can be arranged to be sent to this customer. 
    If they contact customer care on 1901 they will be more than happy to arrange this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks Pamela can they ask for  2 bills and the amount seems very high, ie cancelled 6 July but as it was a switchover there is no notice period.

And if I request paper bills for myself do I pay extra??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

swoofer wrote: »
    thanks Pamela can they ask for  2 bills and the amount seems very high, ie cancelled 6 July but as it was a switchover there is no notice period.

And if I request paper bills for myself do I pay extra??
    They can of course swoofer :)

No there is not any extra costs for this, you can change from paperless to paper billing on my eir here https://my.eir.ie/eir/transactional/login or any of our agents would be more than happy to arrange this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement