Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has To Be Done, Sorry!

Options
  • 18-08-2016 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

We're mostly all oul fogeys here, the young wans are all off snapkikking or whatever, so what were the go to slowset songs at your disco?

Mine were

The unforgettable

And if you were still on the floor, the piece de la resistance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

There was no dirty dancing in our local disco, well not unless you had greasy hands from the sausage supper!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Would have been hard to do the lift too with greasy hands.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Would have been hard to do the lift too with greasy hands.

Ah, stay off the dancefloor and you'd be grand, everything else was carpet in those days!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

The slow song hit it's zenith in the mid 80's, for me.

"You'll never walk alone" ...was released as a charity single for the Bradford fire disaster. ( very sad).

But, in the disco's of the time...the slowness of the song had the girleen's alive to it's potential ..

...and the ladeen's found themselves alive to it's footballing/anthemic qualities.

No shame for either side to step out on the floor...and I reckon , to this day. that there might be better slow songs, but ne'er will there be a more balanced siren call to both sexes, so hypnotizing, that they just can't help themselves.

"The crowd" You'll never walk alone! I remeber,that was it, memory abides,for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to the music forum. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

It's a bit of sport ...if A.H. doesn't fit the bill any more...well wht's the point?

Surely music is for aficionados who want a deeper convo.

Be a sport, throw it back where it belongs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

...and here it dies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement