Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Xbox360 Turtle Beach to Xbox One

• 18-08-2016 8:22am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have my Turtlebeach XP500s (designed for XB360) working as a headset for my Xbox One. However, I cannot get the chat function to work.

Is there any way of getting this working?

Thanks
    FG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have my Turtlebeach XP500s (designed for XB360) working as a headset for my Xbox One. However, I cannot get the chat function to work.

Is there any way of getting this working?

Thanks
    FG
    I'm not 100% but I think you can get em working (although they'll be wired) using the chat adapter.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I used to have my X12s going on the One, you need the chat adapter I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Not sure how y'all feel about that, but I really like the chatpad attachment. It does the chat adapter function as well, and you got a fully functional keyboard. The downside is that it makes the controller heavier. It costs €35 on the MS store, which is not too much on top of the €23 you need to shell out for the chat adapter alone.
    Just saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JoyPad wrote: »
    Not sure how y'all feel about that, but I really like the chatpad attachment. It does the chat adapter function as well, and you got a fully functional keyboard. The downside is that it makes the controller heavier. It costs €35 on the MS store, which is not too much on top of the €23 you need to shell out for the chat adapter alone.
    Just saying...

Use your smartphone for a keyboard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I used to have my X12s going on the One, you need the chat adapter I'm pretty sure.

Logistically how does it work...do you need to plug a cable into the controller from the headset?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Logistically how does it work...do you need to plug a cable into the controller from the headset?

Yeah, I'm a bit hazy now as I got a newer headset a while ago but you definitely had to have a cable going into the controller via the adapter.

My headset was a wired one though so not sure how different a wireless one would be.

Don't know how much use this vid actually is as I can't listen at work but it might help with any luck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cobvl5AIBCk

Advertisement