Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop comparison help?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So the laptops you have linked are all more like android tablets in a lot of ways. They have very limited storage (32GB, but most of this will be taken up by the OS and apps), this will mean that storing photos and videos will be difficult. Obviously small amounts of either will fit, but expect storage to fill up fast. These devices are meant for browsing, basic applications and portability. They are low range, plasticy but should be fine.

Of the lot, the Dell appeals to me the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Very helpful thank you! It's kind of going to be a travel laptop so basic seems sufficient. Maybe if I also buy a 4gb memory stick just to save any files/photos on?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Why not get something like this
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/142082901930?_mwBanner=1
    I've bought a few pcs from them and found them amazing to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

justshane wrote: »
    Very helpful thank you! It's kind of going to be a travel laptop so basic seems sufficient. Maybe if I also buy a 4gb memory stick just to save any files/photos on?

Forget 4GB, you can buy 128GB sticks for €30 quid these days! :D

That would be a grand way to store things, or even a large SD card if the machine has a slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Why not get something like this
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/142082901930?_mwBanner=1
    I've bought a few pcs from them and found them amazing to deal with.

Thanks for the help, I need it pretty soon and I'm in NZ so I think I'll just go for the dell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement