Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home

Options
  • 18-08-2016 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently moved home, and earlier this week contacted Electric Ireland over the phone about changing both my electricity and gas accounts from my old address to my new home.

For the electricity account, my final closing bill on the old address has been issued, but I can't see any sign of the new account being set up for the new address when I log into my online account.

For the gas, no closing bill has been issued by Electric Ireland, and there is also no sign of the new account being set up.
    However, my new address has been added to the old gas account as a billing address only.

Can someone please take a look at this?

Thanks 
    bw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi blackwhite,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can certainly review the details in question if you private message any of us reps the Electric Ireland account number in question (either electricity or gas will suffice), state that you are the account-holder and confirm your name, address and date of birth.

Just for general information: the same account numbers would usually be reused for the new address that the customer moves to, and a closing gas bill would take longer to issue than an electricity bill, as the meter-reading needs to be sent to Gas Networks Ireland first.

Private message us whenever you wish, though, and we will review how things are progressing for you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement