Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My beauty blenders keep falling apart

Options
  • 18-08-2016 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭

I buy real techniques beauty blenders but they disintegrate when I wash them, im now on my 3rd or 4th sponge, theyre not that cheap to keep replacing them.

The first one I mixed a drop of milton steriliser with lukewarm water and dipped the sponge in, when I took it out it was like melted and falling apart, it was only in for a few seconds.

The others disintegrated from washing with hand soap, shampoo and conditioner.

I tried to wash my new one by rubbing a little bit of conditioner on it and gently rinsing it but it started to split and break up.

Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I've heard that before about using Milton on them..
    I've never had an expensive one so I've nothing to compare against, I just use a Penneys one and i find it perfect! Its so cheap you wouldn't mind buying a pile of them :) there are 2 different ones, the orange one is firmer than the pink one! I prefer the softer one, and I've washed it a few times with shampoo and its still in one piece so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I've heard that before about using Milton on them..
    I've never had an expensive one so I've nothing to compare against, I just use a Penneys one and i find it perfect! Its so cheap you wouldn't mind buying a pile of them :) there are 2 different ones, the orange one is firmer than the pink one! I prefer the softer one, and I've washed it a few times with shampoo and its still in one piece so far...

I got a cheap W7 one before, but it wasnt any good so I threw it out and went back to using the real techniques. Ill give the pennys ones a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I usually use the original beauty blenders and I'd get 6-7 months out of them. I've changed to using the Real Technique on in the last month and am finding it similar enough quality.

To clean mine I use a small amount of baby shampoo. They will never look 100% but mine have only developed cracks after the 6 month mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I usually use the original beauty blenders and I'd get 6-7 months out of them. I've changed to using the Real Technique on in the last month and am finding it similar enough quality.

To clean mine I use a small amount of baby shampoo. They will never look 100% but mine have only developed cracks after the 6 month mark.
    Where do you get the originals from? are they expensive? 6/7 months isnt a very long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Sephora. Can't remember the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I got my beauty blender in Sephora for about $20 and also bought a little soap bar in a box from beauty blender for cleaning it. It has a little rubber mat with bits on it for helping take the makeup out. It's lasted me 9 months now and it's perfect.

Advertisement