Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Wireless Gold Headset

• 18-08-2016 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

So, I bought one of those official 7.1 surround sound wireless headsets a couple of months ago.

I had no problem with them at all up until I tried to switch them on the other day.

I initially put it down to having no charge so I plugged it in and charged it. Usually when I charge it, I see a red light to indicate that the charge is happening. Absolutely nothing was showing.

Dongle was in 'search' mode at this stage.

Had a look online at a few videos/instructions.

I went into the Companion App and reset the headset to its factory default settings. Still no red light or anything but the reset was happening on screen anyway.

Unplugged the headset as instructed. Turned it on. Still nothing.

I then did a hard reset on the side of the dongle, pressed VSS/Mute at the same time whilst the headset was off and then flicked the headset into preset 1.

Still nothing.

So I turn to you people of the Playstation forum.

Do I shout at the thing in the hope that it works by itself or is there something I've overlooked completely?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did you try another charger cable? (you should have 1 with the headset and 1 with the controller)

This sounds like a bad connection in the charge port of the headset or a dead cable

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

yeah,dead cable,if not,do you have the recepit,you should be able to return it as fauly as long as its within 90days.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

That_Guy wrote: »
    So, I bought one of those official 7.1 surround sound wireless headsets a couple of months ago.

I had no problem with them at all up until I tried to switch them on the other day.

I initially put it down to having no charge so I plugged it in and charged it. Usually when I charge it, I see a red light to indicate that the charge is happening. Absolutely nothing was showing.

Dongle was in 'search' mode at this stage.

Had a look online at a few videos/instructions.

I went into the Companion App and reset the headset to its factory default settings. Still no red light or anything but the reset was happening on screen anyway.

Unplugged the headset as instructed. Turned it on. Still nothing.

I then did a hard reset on the side of the dongle, pressed VSS/Mute at the same time whilst the headset was off and then flicked the headset into preset 1.

Still nothing.

So I turn to you people of the Playstation forum.

Do I shout at the thing in the hope that it works by itself or is there something I've overlooked completely?

Cheers in advance.

if its faulty you should have a year guarantee from sony i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

if its faulty you should have a year guarantee from sony i think

This. And unknown to many, you have a two year guarantee on faulty electronics under EU consumer law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

This is a known issue (although may not be admitted), I had the same problem and returned it to Lamestop, who didn't really believe me and did their own tests for several minutes before actually exchanging my faulty headset.

Return it to where you bought it or as the guys say it should be covered under warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Notorious wrote: »
    This. And unknown to many, you have a two year guarantee on faulty electronics under EU consumer law.

And obviously unknown to even more, Ireland did not enact the 2 year guarantee. It is covered under our Sale of Goods Act 1980, as it is deemed to offer longer protection. Have to go through Small Claims court though.

Advertisement