Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LeafSpy, Charger efficiency and other questions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Can someone confirm something for me please.

In LeafSpy on the Summary screen it shows VxA=kW

When you are charging the car is A the current being drawn from the EVSE or is it representing current somewhere else?

I see 6kW's being drawn from the EVSE but only 15A's at 65% SOC so I'm wondering what current that represents.

KCross wrote: »
    Can someone confirm something for me please.

In LeafSpy on the Summary screen it shows VxA=kW

When you are charging the car is A the current being drawn from the EVSE or is it representing current somewhere else?

I see 6kW's being drawn from the EVSE but only 15A's at 65% SOC so I'm wondering what current that represents.

Leaf spy usually shows power going to the battery so 15 amps sounds correct. Nothing at all wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Presumably as they are 400V batteries. 15x 400 equals ????

Ok, got it. So it's current at the car side not the EVSE side

Since the house is half the voltage that 15A would be closer to the 32A to get 6.6kW. Yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

KCross wrote: »
    Ok, got it. So it's current at the car side not the EVSE side

Since the house is half the voltage that 15A would be closer to the 32A to get 6.6kW. Yes?

as a general rule power is V x A, applicable V and A

so 6600/230 = 28.69 ~ 29 A

• Advertisement

Just for posterity and because I arrived home the other day with very little battery remaining I decided to run the car to turtle mode.

Once in turtle mode I took screenshots of LeafSpy
    407225.PNG
    407226.PNG

I then charged to 100% and screenshot again:
    407227.PNG
    407228.PNG

It was my first time taking the car to turtle mode and it was good to learn how it behaved and exactly at what point it happens.

Low Battery comes on at 50 gids (4kWh)
    Very Low Battery comes on at 25 gids (2kWh)
    Turtle comes on at 5 gids (0.4kWh)

The "All Cells OK" doesnt show on app until you go to low battery so thats always good to see!

I also noticed that a bit before it went into turtle mode it started restricting power and you can see it happening on the power dots. The top two power dots went from double circle to single circle. Apart from the battery warnings that was the first clue that turtle mode was imminent.

Then once it went into turtle you lose all the power and I plugged it in. I didnt test how far it would have left me drive but apparently its only a few hundred metres before it shuts down completely.

I'm also happy that the 100% charged figures (SOH, AHr etc) are as good today as they were when the car was new.... 284 gids and 22kWh is the same as day 0 and I have 29k km's on the clock so hopefully it will keep that up!

Mine is also as good as new, 151 with 57,700 Kms , 65.5 AH and 100% health. However if the car sits for a few days unused that could go down to 61.5 AH and 93% health.

The battery "seems" to like a lot of usage and charging at higher power.

Advertisement