Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAIGE thread (and her retirement)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Del Rio doesn't have a whole lot more to offer so hopefully his mooching goes no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Del Rio doesn't have a whole lot more to offer so hopefully his mooching goes no where.

The roster is stacked he really is not needed good person or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If I never see Alberto again, it will be too soon. He's absolute dirt. He's about as exciting as Baron Corbin.

No need to insult baron like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

montyrebel wrote: »
    both as bad as each other imo

When they were together, absolutely. But she as far as I can recall hasn’t been saying much about him since they broke up and as I said above it’s a nasty trick to start publicly angling to get back when she’s just had her career ended. She’s no angel but she’s a human being who’s a lot younger than him and is going through a very tough time all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't Del Rio go on a drunken/drugged up rant on Instagram inviting HHH to restaurant where he'd kick his ass?

He won't be coming back. He came back once and it was shít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

This is wrestling. Of course he'll be back at some point. Everyone's back eventually. Crikey, has no one paid any attention to history?

Monokne wrote: »
    This is wrestling. Of course he'll be back at some point. Everyone's back eventually. Crikey, has no one paid any attention to history?

Who would you compare to Del Rio in terms of a return worth making or giving a sh1t about? Hogan, Hart, Warrior, Goldberg, Sting etc....he is not. No one would give a fcuk about him returning so the question is why would they bother?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Who would you compare to Del Rio in terms of a return worth making or giving a sh1t about? Hogan, Hart, Warrior, Goldberg, Sting etc....he is not. No one would give a fcuk about him returning so the question is why would they bother?

They brought him back before, brought back lower talent like the below to add to the current roster:

Shelton Benjamin
    Brian Kendrick
    Rhyno
    Jinder Mahal
    Curt Hawkins

Del Rio, at one point had a great gimmick, can still work matches. Has an appeal to more than you we probably know. His Kayfabe achievements are very good. He would be an 'easy' guy to bring back for another run.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭briany

J. Marston wrote: »
    Didn't Del Rio go on a drunken/drugged up rant on Instagram inviting HHH to restaurant where he'd kick his ass?

I agree he was pretty iffy in his last run, but he was given some banal stuff to work with. That League of Nations faction being a good example. He was supposed to be in there as an attraction for the Latin audience, but WWE saw fit to wilfully lose him in the shuffle.

There's definitely truth in the idea that a wrestler should go out there and get themselves over, but WWE has proven they'll kill the momentum of people who've done just that. You had Zack Ryder, Wade Barrett and Lana had all gotten over big time, and WWE put a stop to it each time. Never understood that at all. So, when you have an organisation who's demonstrated that mindset, you do start to wonder how much a wrestler's failure to break out is down to their lack of talent and how much is down to being held down.

DM_7 wrote: »
    They brought him back before, brought back lower talent like the below to add to the current roster:

Shelton Benjamin
    Brian Kendrick
    Rhyno
    Jinder Mahal
    Curt Hawkins

Del Rio, at one point had a great gimmick, can still work matches. Has an appeal to more than you we probably know. His Kayfabe achievements are very good. He would be an 'easy' guy to bring back for another run.

I see in them solid hands that could be depended on bar Kendrick who had to learn late, and Jinder who still had a potential upside and with the right attitude.

Del Rio could do all those things you say but comes with too much baggage and with lofty ideas about himself. I'd be more interested in seeing the likes of Johnny Mundo return to the fold, someone who I was never a massive fan of anyway.

A 3rd run with Del Rio I just can't see anyone being satisfied with. I mean for example I don't see Del Rio being happy in the Curt Hawkins or Benjamin role where they know what their role is and are happy to perform it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Royal Rumble winner, MITB winner, former WWE Champion, over with the Hispanic audience in a way that very few are, can talk, can work pretty well, had a good act with Ricardo, is a legit tough guy unlike most of the roster, I can see a lot of reasons why they would want him back at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Everything about the history of WWE tells you that anyone who's ever been a star of a reasonable level will be asked back for some reason at some point, even if they have had issues with the company. What's more, Vince is specifically more likely to hire people back who go out and bash him publicly, with the idea he likes to have them back under his control, it's a power play. Bobby Heenan used to talk about how when he was in WCW, all the other ex WWF guys would bury the company and Vince, and every single one got a job. Meanwhile Bobby always refused to do that, but was only ever used a couple times after WCW died.

He'll be back. Don't even bother with the mental arithmetic of trying to figure out a logic to back up the counterpoint is a waste of time. Anytime anyone of note ever goes, just always assume they'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »

That's what he's saying he's apologised for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It seems that Alberto has apologised to triple h and has blamed Paige and her family(well he says my ex partner and her family) for the issues between them. He's also open to the idea of coming back to WWE.

I see that Carmella has given old big cass the sack.

Good Lord what an asshole. A 40 something year old blaming a 20 something for his antics.

God, I love watching Cro-Cop cave his head in.

cro-cop-ko-s-dos-caras-jr-o.gif

Advertisement