Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed account with Eir, still getting bills

Options
  • 18-08-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I switched to Vodafone on 21st Jun, and would have expected my Eir account to be closed around the same time, and in fact since that time I am unable to do anything in MyEir online as it tells me I don't have an account.

On 30th June I made a payment to Eir, for what I thought was my final bill.

I got an email on 17 Jul saying I owed €17
    on 17Th August I get an Email saying I owe €30

This is not the first time I have received bills for an account I don't have with Eir
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057341550/1#post94241186

Can someone look into this for me please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭swoofer

Ooops you are not alone,  same happening to a friend!!  Switched 7 Jul, billed for july and now august, not nice.  And cant see any bills!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Hi,
    I switched to Vodafone on 21st Jun, and would have expected my Eir account to be closed around the same time, and in fact since that time I am unable to do anything in MyEir online as it tells me I don't have an account.

On 30th June I made a payment to Eir, for what I thought was my final bill.

I got an email on 17 Jul saying I owed €17
    on 17Th August I get an Email saying I owe €30

This is not the first time I have received bills for an account I don't have with Eir
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057341550/1#post94241186

Can someone look into this for me please
    Hi Dacelonid,

Thanks for getting in touch. No problem, Can you PM me your account number please?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Despite assurances that this was now sorted, am still getting emails about an a/c that as far as I am concerned is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Despite assurances that this was now sorted, am still getting emails about an a/c that as far as I am concerned is closed.
    Hi Daceolonid, 

I am very sorry to hear this :(

Can you PM me your account number, please and I will check this out for you? 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Hi Ciara (and reps),
    I sent on all pertinent information on 20/09.
    All the best
    Dace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I am having this issue since I closed my Eir account 10 months ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

rebellad wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I am having this issue since I closed my Eir account 10 months ago now.

I had the same issue. Went into my online banking and deleted the payment details. Get onto eir. Ask for an official complaint number and then email comreg with the details of the complaint and the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donnacha Kendlin

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi Daceolonid, 

I am very sorry to hear this :(

Can you PM me your account number, please and I will check this out for you? 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Hi,  I cancelled my Eir account last November and I have been billed twice with my bank account debited. When I go onto My Eir, it tells me my Eir account no longer exists. Please tell me how I solve this problem ??  A/C NO. 30922485  Regards, Donnacha

Advertisement