Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fly line cleaning/lubricant

• 18-08-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for fly line cleaner and lubricant as I prepare for the end of season gear storage again.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭fiacha

Evac101 wrote: »
    I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for fly line cleaner and lubricant as I prepare for the end of season gear storage again.

Thanks in advance.

I only use floating lines and I have been cleaning them after every session by pulling the line through an Armorall brand gloss dashboard wet wipe. I just let it air dry for a few minutes before winding back onto the reel. Do the same when storing line. My lines don't get a huge amount of use but they have lasted a long time without any cracking.

Not had any issues with this over 4 years, but do a bit of googling to make sure it is compatible with your line type and brand.

I found out about this on the flyfishing.co.uk forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Snowbee line slick

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hiujn

I always soaked the line in soapy water in a basin every 10 days or so kept it clean and it would shoot out through the eyes real smooth.

I can't remember where i got that tip but it has stood the test of time.

Advertisement