Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant ID please

Options
  • 18-08-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

This stuff is starting to grow all over my parents garden. At first they thought it was primulas as the leaves are similar and they have a lot of those too, but seems to be something different and there are no flowers so far. The leaves have little thorns on the underside. Any idea what this is? Should they pull them out or leave them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TAZ32

miezekatze wrote: »
    This stuff is starting to grow all over my parents garden. At first they thought it was primulas as the leaves are similar and they have a lot of those too, but seems to be something different and there are no flowers so far. The leaves have little thorns on the underside. Any idea what this is? Should they pull them out or leave them?

Looks like wild teasel, Dissectus follonumun some people grow it as an ornamental. Tall narrow uptight plant but will seed itself easily. Dried seed heads are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

TAZ32 wrote: »
    Looks like wild teasel, Dissectus follonumun some people grow it as an ornamental. Tall narrow uptight plant but will seed itself easily. Dried seed heads are nice.

Thanks for that, I think you're right!

Advertisement