Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can get a 4790k with 8gb RAM and a Z97 for about £30 cheaper if you split the bundle.

Or a newer i7 6700k with a Z170 and 8gb RAM for about £5 more.

Are you open for overclocking?

For gaming only its probably as handy to get an i5, same performance in almost all games.

What's the specific GPU, R9 200 is a family of cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

It's a r9 280x. I was thinking the bundle would give me more recourse if I messed up as the cpu is already installed. But having looked at vids it doesn't seem too bad. I don't think OC will be necessary initially but in the future sure. Not 100% about water cooling as some people have leaks and what not.

I'm also toying with getting this mobo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K8KPXUO/ref=twister_B01C8RF99Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And getting a cpu and ram seperate.

I wanted to get the I7 for future proofing and also a load of reviewers on YT say it does make a difference especially with recording games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Z97s are Z97s, the only difference in them is for peripheral stuff.

i7s do for recording yeah but unless you're doing that I wouldn't be fussed.

It's super easy to install all the parts really

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you're not going to overclock the CPU, go for a Xeon 1231v3 instead.

All the features of an i7 (4 cores / 8 threads) for less cost.
    B85 motherboard.

The 280x isn't going to be hitting 1080p60 at High settings though.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-best-pc-hardware-for-the-witcher-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Yeah I know the GC isn't up to scratch but I will sort that out in the future. I am open to OC'ing but not till it is necessary so I will get the k cpu for future proofing. Also sorry about delayed response I couldn't access boards for ages for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement