Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts seem to have dissapeared

Options
  • 18-08-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

I posted something in a Forum last night (exact time unknown)
    It now seems to have disappeared

My total posts are showing as Posts: 2,221 in the left pane but when I go to find all posts in my profile it tells me that 2,214 Results are shown.

Can you advise how this is happening and how I seem to be missing 7 posts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There was 1 post removed from the Atlantic Inn thread as it was a zombie thread revival.

Apart from that I can see 2,222 posts on your profile - no others 'missing'.

Posts in some forums such as Reported Posts do not appear in your overall post count. Something like this may account for the discrepancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I still see 2,214 when I look for all my posts in a search. there seems to be some small diference there as to what you are seeing

Are there rules re 'Zombie Threads'?
    I got no notification it was to be removed.

I also believe this that the post should be allowed to remain as it is answering a question in the thread i.e. 'Maybe someone living in the town might be able to confirm this?'

I am confirming details about the establishment as asked in the thread

Thanks

The thread was dead for 4 years & the poster's question had been answered by others back in 2012 when the OP wanted the info. I doubt if they're still looking for a B&B. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

TBH they hadn't answered the question asked

They 'think its closed' is not an answer. Also poster had suggested 'Maybe someone living in the town might be able to confirm this?'

If its Ok I would like to post an answer and update the thread with some further details

Your best course of action is to PM the Cork County mods with details of what you would like to post to a thread that has been dead for 4 years to see if they deem it appropriate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement