Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i still be charged if i get a new debit card?

Options
  • 18-08-2016 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi unfortunately my son booked a hotel with my card for june next year and when i told him to cancel there was a cancellation cost i cancelled my old card and requested a new one, can i still be charged?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

hi unfortunately my son booked a hotel with my card for june next year and when i told him to cancel there was a cancellation cost i cancelled my old card and requested a new one, can i still be charged?
    Hi survivor122,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

It would be best to clarify this with the hotel whether the cancellation fee will still be charged. As you say you now have a new Visa Debit card, this cancellation charge may be charged to the new card, however the hotel should be able to clarify their cancellation procedure with you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement