Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#Eir broadband. #Irish broadband. Do not get connected with eir!

Options
  • 18-08-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everybody. 

I am not going to ask any question, I just want to explain our current situation with eir, so anybody else could avoid signing a contract with them, if that possible.

We are already trying to get connected with eir, it took more than 2 months, there were 4 technicians in our house, 4 different times and we are still at the beginning. 

My family and I have moved into the property on June 18th 2016 and at that point the internet connection was functioning (contract was in the name of the previous tenant).

At the begining they just sent a techician to install the phone line. Then 2 weeks after that another technican came to our house only to finds that we don't have an uncovered duct, so he was unable to install Fibre to the home connection. So far so good, then we had to cancel our order and place a new one for Fibre to the cabinet and copper to the home. We did it. 2 weeks after that, on 11th of August another 2 technicans were at my house only for "testing the phone connection". Well, they did the test and then left. On the very next day I've received an email from Eir.com with conrimation that the next technician will come to my house on 25th of August just to install FIBRE TO THE HOME (AGAIN!).

Now they just told me to do cancel my current order, and then place another one with the correct request - Fibre to the cabinet. That would be good, but it will requires another 2 weeks to get the phone tested and another 2 weeks afterwards to get the broadband connected. 

I truly believe that at this point will be easier to rent another house than get connected in the current one. Also I am 100% sure that there is no even a single person in eir that can take an ownership of any task and bring it to a successful end, unfortunately. 
    I am also working in a support position and I know that if some customer has a 2 month long problem with us, then some manager will take the responsibility and the ownership of this task and will lead it till successful resolution.

I am very disappointed from them and I am considering logging a complain to comreg.

Please people, if you want to stay away from such kind of struggling with a bunch of ignorants, just avoid signing with eir. It is going to save you a lot of unnecessary nervousness, stress and anxiety.

Cheers,
    Peter 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hello everybody. 

I am not going to ask any question, I just want to explain our current situation with eir, so anybody else could avoid signing a contract with them, if that possible.

We are already trying to get connected with eir, it took more than 2 months, there were 4 technicians in our house, 4 different times and we are still at the beginning. 

My family and I have moved into the property on June 18th 2016 and at that point the internet connection was functioning (contract was in the name of the previous tenant).

At the begining they just sent a techician to install the phone line. Then 2 weeks after that another technican came to our house only to finds that we don't have an uncovered duct, so he was unable to install Fibre to the home connection. So far so good, then we had to cancel our order and place a new one for Fibre to the cabinet and copper to the home. We did it. 2 weeks after that, on 11th of August another 2 technicans were at my house only for "testing the phone connection". Well, they did the test and then left. On the very next day I've received an email from Eir.com with conrimation that the next technician will come to my house on 25th of August just to install FIBRE TO THE HOME (AGAIN!).

Now they just told me to do cancel my current order, and then place another one with the correct request - Fibre to the cabinet. That would be good, but it will requires another 2 weeks to get the phone tested and another 2 weeks afterwards to get the broadband connected. 

I truly believe that at this point will be easier to rent another house than get connected in the current one. Also I am 100% sure that there is no even a single person in eir that can take an ownership of any task and bring it to a successful end, unfortunately. 
    I am also working in a support position and I know that if some customer has a 2 month long problem with us, then some manager will take the responsibility and the ownership of this task and will lead it till successful resolution.

I am very disappointed from them and I am considering logging a complain to comreg.

Please people, if you want to stay away from such kind of struggling with a bunch of ignorants, just avoid signing with eir. It is going to save you a lot of unnecessary nervousness, stress and anxiety.

Cheers,
    Peter 
    Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I am extremely sorry to hear of your customer journey with us so far. I can assure you this is not the level of service eir aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

If there is anything we can do from here please feel free to PM me your account details and I will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement