Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Search

Options
  • 18-08-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking for buy our home for last 18 months, we have viewed a handful of properties, But a bid on few been outbided etc so the search continues I feel
    there very few properties come on sale within our budget, Dont know whether to hold out or just settle for any house within our budget.
    Basically feed up off checking daft ten times a day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

where are you looking to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TENHNY

gmg678 wrote: »
    where are you looking to buy?

Mayo- somewhere between Curry(Sligo Border) and Claremorris not to far off from N17

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

I know it can get to a point where you could just say sod it and buy what ever is in your price range but will ye be happy.
    you have given your self a good range of locations to look into.
    I would stop looking at daft 10 times a day. a property wont disappear in a day. I would only start looking once twice a day.
    we were lucky when it came to buy our house, we did have to further a field though as the houses in our price range where we where looking are awful and very small. granted where we did buy adds an extra 30mins for me to get home.

keep the head up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Is it possible that due to the fact that youre looking to buy in a more rural area, the turnover of property will naturally be slow? Then I'd say wait.

Also, while you're waiting, are you going to be able to add to your budget, by saving more or having a promotion on the horizon?

Advertisement