Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 unlock code

Options
  • 18-08-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Anybody got any advice on this (how to unlock iphone 4). I sent the imea number to a known company & they tell me the phone is still locked to a contract. its not. Its not stolen either. Want to switch from its current vodafone provider to other.
    Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone on Vodafone can get it unlocked for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭r*oc

guil... do they not charge for unlocking phones, most others do.

r*oc wrote: »
    guil... do they not charge for unlocking phones, most others do.

No. I have got 4 or 5 iPhones and 2 galaxy's unlocked over the last 2 years with my bill pay account.

guil wrote: »
    No. I have got 4 or 5 iPhones and 2 galaxy's unlocked over the last 2 years with my bill pay account.

thats great news guil, thanks for that..
    one final question... do u have to visit shop or can u give them the imea number over the phone ???

r*oc wrote: »
    thats great news guil, thanks for that..
    one final question... do u have to visit shop or can u give them the imea number over the phone ???

It's done online. Go to nac.vodafone.ie and fill in the form. Obviously use whoevers account details you will be using. iPhones are unlocked by iTunes servers so there's no code. You should get a text or an email to confirm when it's done.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    It's done online. Go to nac.vodafone.ie and fill in the form. Obviously use whoevers account details you will be using. iPhones are unlocked by iTunes servers so there's no code. You should get a text or an email to confirm when it's done.

Thanks guil for all your help. Its much appreciated :):):)

Advertisement