Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rio - Badminton coverage?

Options
  • 18-08-2016 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can watch the badminton in the Olympics? As Ireland has no one left in it RTE don't seem to be covering it. Also every video on Youtube is just spam. It waseasy to watch the badminton in London 4 years ago through Youtube and the videos are still there but I can't find anything for Rio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

It was on Irish TV (women's singles) just a few minutes ago! Not sure if still on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

g0g wrote: »
    It was on Irish TV (women's singles) just a few minutes ago! Not sure if still on

Cheers, I probably should be more specific I'm looking to watch the men's singles semi finals tomorrow morning, you don't happen to know if RTE will be covering either match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Andy Magic wrote: »
    Cheers, I probably should be more specific I'm looking to watch the men's singles semi finals tomorrow morning, you don't happen to know if RTE will be covering either match?
    A quick bit of Googling is your friend! Looks like BBC Four will have coverage tomorrow based on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

g0g wrote: »
    A quick bit of Googling is your friend! Looks like BBC Four will have coverage tomorrow based on this.

Perfect cheers for that. Now I just need to figure out how to stream it in work.

Just to note my thread isn't just put up because I'm too lazy to google but more because I was hoping to find a youtube channel or similar to the Badminton V one. However they don't seem to be covering the Olympics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

questions

in singles..when the shuttlecock falls beyond the first base line is that deemed out??

and what are the little two marks at the corner of each end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

philstar wrote: »
    questions

in singles..when the shuttlecock falls beyond the first base line is that deemed out??

Singles court in badminton is to back baseline at all times. (serve & general play)

In doubles the serve line is the inner line while general play is the back line.

Not sure what the marks you mentioned are - I'm guessing what you can see in this picture?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Long#/media/File:Chen_Long2012.jpg

But don't know what they're for???

questions

As a follow up I think the two marks you asked about are for testing the shuttles.

"
    Optional Testing Marks
    To show the zone in which a
    shuttle of correct page lands
    when tested, an additional four
    marks 4cm (1.57in) by 4cm
    (1.57in) may be made inside each
    sideline for single of right service
    court, 53cm (20.87in) and 95cm
    (38.98in) from back boundry
    lines.
    The width of these marks shall
    be within the measurement
    given ie: the marks will be from
    53cm (20.87in) to 57cm (22.44in)
    from outside boundry line.
    "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

In doubles the serve line is the inner line while general play is the back line.

why the inner line? whats the purpose of that?

why the inner line? whats the purpose of that?

I think the reason is linked to the width of the court. For doubles the court is the full width so with the use of the short serve line the player receiving the serve has roughly the same area to cover as a singles player receiving serve...

Advertisement