Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

5800X Dispatched to the inlaws in NI. Will have to wait though as they're not keen on me driving up with lock downs etc. Have to admit I really thought it was going to get cancelled. Now I'll just have to hope it's not nicked again! I'll be asking them to open it and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Scan seem to be getting big orders of Ryzen chips in in the next few weeks. Looks like they'll clear the backlog and then some. Only 200 5600x orders to fulfill, and have a few orders of ~80 coming in, with ~1200 due on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Gumbi wrote: »
    Scan seem to be getting big orders of Ryzen chips in in the next few weeks. Looks like they'll clear the backlog and then some. Only 200 5600x orders to fulfill, and have a few orders of ~80 coming in, with ~1200 due on the 21st.
    Any idea if this big order will include 5950x's? I'm still waiting to order mine. Nowhere has them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

deceit wrote: »
    Any idea if this big order will include 5950x's? I'm still waiting to order mine. Nowhere has them in stock.

there are 185 5950x back ordered with scan and they are only expecting 100 on the 21st december

• Registered Users Posts: 54,163 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I placed an order on the 20th of November from Scan for a bundle which includes the 5900x

Do we think there's any chance of getting it before Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

deceit wrote: »

Are you not in Germany? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else. Just wondering as sometimes online stores in Germany are cheaper for items than you would get in UK after exchange rate and delivery are factored in.

Headshot wrote: »
    I placed an order on the 20th of November from Scan for a bundle which includes the 5900x

There's definitely a chance. There's a backlog of 185, and a confirmed order of 100 arrived. There's also another order *supposed* to arrive before that, but is as of yet unconfirmed.

There's definitely a chance. There's a backlog of 185, and a confirmed order of 100 arrived. There's also another order *supposed* to arrive before that, but is as of yet unconfirmed.

Scan keep "confirming" orders then when they dont show up they just say they are "delayed" its becoming a joke at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Are you not in Germany? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else. Just wondering as sometimes online stores in Germany are cheaper for items than you would get in UK after exchange rate and delivery are factored in.
    Yea I'm in Germany. I'm just looking to get it in the first place it becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Amazon.co.uk have the 5600X at £500.11. I was so pissed off I got in contact with the press office. One could buy one on the gamble that they will come in at RRP before the 31st Jan 2021 and return the one bought at MSRP in lieu of the one bought now. They are selling through though, they started with 12, now 7 5.

• Advertisement

Amazon.co.uk have the 5600X at £500.11. I was so pissed off I got in contact with the press office. One could buy one on the gamble that they will come in at RRP before the 31st Jan 2021 and return the one bought at MSRP in lieu of the one bought now. They are selling through though, they started with 12, now 7 5.

You can preorder at Scan now for 280 pounds. You'll have it by December 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

You can preorder at Scan now for 280 pounds. You'll have it by December 100%.

Lies! I see nothing!

Im talking to scan right now as i type this...they recieved 2 shipments this morning of 5600x totalling 163 units..backlog was 128 units..so they should have 25 units spare

there is also an estimated delivery of 1246 5600x on the 21st december and a further 200 5600x on the 4th of january

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Im talking to scan right now as i type this...they recieved 2 shipments this morning of 5600x totalling 163 units..backlog was 128 units..so they should have 25 units spare

there is also an estimated delivery of 1246 5600x on the 21st december and a further 200 5600x on the 4th of january

I never noticed on scan before, but they give a count of "people" currently viewing a product page - for the 5600x it's 330. I think there'll be a very short window for the remaining 25?

dazberry wrote: »
    I never noticed on scan before, but they give a count of "people" currently viewing a product page - for the 5600x it's 330. I think there'll be a very short window for the remaining 25?

It could well be possible that scan could take the overflow for their own pre builds..who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

It could well be possible that scan could take the overflow for their own pre builds..who knows

3XS, the division that creates prebuild systems at Scan, has its own supply chain, and has nothing to do with the stock you see for pre-orders.
    I spoke to them a lot over the past month, and I was told this information.

JoyPad wrote: »
    3XS, the division that creates prebuild systems at Scan, has its own supply chain, and has nothing to do with the stock you see for pre-orders.
    I spoke to them a lot over the past month, and I was told this information.

I was more thinking of those motherboard/cpu bundles scan have rather than pre made systems..but you are correct of course about 3xs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I was more thinking of those motherboard/cpu bundles scan have rather than pre made systems..but you are correct of course about 3xs

Bundles are also 3XS domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The backlog of 5900x is 1000. I've worked out hat I'm about 580 on the waiting list after this weeks orders were sent out and they only expect another 211 on 21st of December. then 500 in January.

So any bundle should be only after all those 1000 are wiped out which won't be until the new year based on their current timetable, unless the 1000 includes the bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

.G. wrote: »
    The backlog of 5900x is 1000. I've worked out hat I'm about 580 on the waiting list after this weeks orders were sent out and they only expect another 211 on 21st of December. then 500 in January.

So any bundle should be only after all those 1000 are wiped out which won't be until the new year based on their current timetable, unless the 1000 includes the bundles.

They've added another 448 for December 28th.

Amazon UK got a drop this morning if a few too but I missed it. £50 over priced too.

At least they are starting to turn up in places now.

I'm 543 in scans list so hopefully it'll happen before brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Was 267 on overclockers waiting list and within 2 week shipped. My old 3950x is on adverts if anyone is interested.

20201203-155335.jpg

It's funny I emailed Scan today to cancel my bundle with Scan which included the 5900x because I got fed up of waiting but I got a call from Scan in the last few minutes saying they have all the bundle in stock (including the 5900x) and it should be shipped Monday

It's funny I emailed Scan today to cancel my bundle with Scan which included the 5900x because I got fed up of waiting but I got a call from Scan in the last few minutes saying they have all the bundle in stock (including the 5900x) and it should be shipped Monday

they have been telling me the same for the last 8 days...with my 5900x and my 5600x..they refunded me both delivery charges as a gesture which i though was weird if they havent shipped them to me yet..the story develops..

they have been telling me the same for the last 8 days...with my 5900x and my 5600x..they refunded me both delivery charges as a gesture which i though was weird if they havent shipped them to me yet..the story develops..

ohhh well that's worrying

I told them though that if I dont see any development on Monday ill be back asking for a refund

ohhh well that's worrying

I told them though that if I dont see any development on Monday ill be back asking for a refund

They emailed me about five minutes ago saying that both processors are with DPD and gave me a tracking number with an estimated delivery of 10 december so happy days..hope your gets sent out soon

They emailed me about five minutes ago saying that both processors are with DPD and gave me a tracking number with an estimated delivery of 10 december so happy days..hope your gets sent out soon

That's a great sign then

I have an itching finger to upload my computer parts on adverts but I dont want to be stuck without a pc lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My 5900X Bundle was shipped from Scan on Thursday and arrived here on Saturday. Looking forward to building now.

i got my 5900x and 5600x, both were delivered saturday evening..happy days..just waiting on a 3080 and a 3090 now

Have fun with your CPUs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

5600x just dispatched. Coming from the US via Amazon.de and mailboxde so I'll be waiting a while yet, but at least it's moving!

Advertisement