Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

€351
    Big oof.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Was going to ask a question but this confirms it, a bit at least

MSI announces 400 series motherboards will support Zen 3 processors

Just remember the launch I thought AMD were a bit vague, mentioning "working with mobo manufacturers" rather than anything definite and was wondering if it might not even be possible to do, like they didn't have the features needed to make it work or something. No idea what AGESA is tbh outside of seeing it when I used to update my BIOS everytime a new one was out. Until I got sick of having to redo my fan speeds and lights and now never check for them.

Anyway, in 9 months maybe a 450 & 5600x could be a value proposition. I can do until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Asrock b450/x470 boards already support 5000 series CPU's.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Asrock b450/x470 boards already support 5000 series CPU's.

And also Gigabyte and ASUS so the others can't be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Any ideas when Asus boards are getting PBO 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

My 5950X just arrived from Novatech :). They had very quick delivery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

deceit wrote: »
    My 5950X just arrived from Novatech :). They had very quick delivery.

I was just looking at novatechs site, when did they stop shipping outside of the UK

Screenshot-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I'm not sure as I had it posted to Germany without issue.
    It must have been in the last day or two to protect people from vat bills if a hard brexit happens.
    https://imgur.com/a/uzNrWX1
    slade_x wrote: »
    I was just looking at novatechs site, when did they stop shipping outside of the UK

Screenshot-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭FluffPiece

I see more computers are being a robbing shower of you know what's. 722 sterling for the 5900x, they can stick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

All the amazon domains have been dropping 5900xfor order all morning. All for January delivery though. Only the uk one is at rrp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

.G. wrote: »
    All the amazon domains have been dropping 5900xfor order all morning. All for January delivery though. Only the uk one is at rrp.
    What is the RRP for the 5900x and 5800x?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Got my 5800X from Amazon.co.uk for £403.99 but they are usually a wee bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Got my 5800X from Amazon.co.uk for £403.99 but they are usually a wee bit more.
    Cheers. I looked up Alternate.de there and they have 5800x in stock for €549 and couldn't believe that was the price.

5900x should be £509.99 sterling. AMD website lists it at around 545 euro. All amazon euro zone stores been dropping January stock all day way in excess of that bar the UK one which we probably can't use!

5800x should be in and around 444

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Managed to grab a 5900x on Amazon this morning at £509, estimated delivery date of Jan 22nd. They've been popping up all day at that price, and as of writing this there's some available, so worth keeping an eye on the page or ZenAlert on Twitter.

That's probably an affiliate link, but removing everything after the ? results in me not seeing the 509 price!

I have one too as a break glass but I should have my scan one in the batch after their next one, estimated December 28th, cutting it very fine for brexit!

They are still available on all the amazon's as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know that is cheaper then most in these times but afaik that is still above RRP. If I was getting one I would hope to be paying in and round that figure but in Euros. I will upgrade eventually but I game at 4k and I watched a video and it is mostly 1080p and 1440p where those newer CPU's matter more. My 3700X is still decent at 4k.

I know that is cheaper then most in these times but afaik that is still above RRP. If I was getting one I would hope to be paying in and round that figure but in Euros. I will upgrade eventually but I game at 4k and I watched a video and it is mostly 1080p and 1440p where those newer CPU's matter more. My 3700X is still decent at 4k.

I just got paid so I bought myself something nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sure you may as well spill the beans....

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhhh I'm getting cold feet, gonna sleep on it but might cancel lol

*edit
    Can't cancel, order has already released.
    Guess I'll really sleep on it for real.
    If I find it's superfluous it's going up on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I stopped at the very last click on CCL earlier. 5600X, B550 Aorus Pro, 1TB M.2 and 16GB of E-Die.
    I'm second-guessing that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I feel so far behind now with my neolithic 2700X...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Homelander wrote: »

*coughs in 4790K*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Does Ryzen work well with all RAM these days? I remember when it first launched that people recommended Samsung B-Die stuff to get the best out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Does Ryzen work well with all RAM these days? I remember when it first launched that people recommended Samsung B-Die stuff to get the best out of it.

I am having no issues whatsoever with a 5800x and 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 RGB Ram.

This machines an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Homelander wrote: »

*cries in R5 1600*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

5600X available direct from Amazon now (23:20) but it's £299.

That's £30 over RRP isn't it?

httpsss://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08166SLDF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_ePO3FbPXENRTB

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

TitianGerm wrote: »
    5600X available direct from Amazon now (23:20) but it's £299.

That's £30 over RRP isn't it?

httpsss://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08166SLDF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_ePO3FbPXENRTB

Delivery to the UK is before the new year but to Ireland it is after Brexit :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I grabbed a 5600x on amazon there for 300 pounds. I expect there'll be a drop on Scan tomorrow too, as they're expecting a big order to come through.

Advertisement