Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

What's the actual price you can expect to get a 5900x at?

Is it still about €100 more than the 5800x?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

harmless wrote: »
    What's the actual price you can expect to get a 5900x at?

Is it still about €100 more than the 5800x?

If you are not in a rush like me just wait for prices to go down. I think some people are picking them up for RRP but the last time I checked retailers were charging extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nice!
    My 5900x order was moved up from Jan 22nd to Dec 31th-Jan 2nd
    Yeah, pretty shocked if it does arrive tomorrow. Seems the stock issues are all but done. The 5800x was in stock on Amazon all day yesterday until I decided to pull the trigger. I'll have a week or two to stare at the box until my mobo arrives haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

A 5800 non X would be fairly tempting.

• Advertisement

Yeah my Amazon order arrived today. Pretty surprised about that. I ordered a mobo elsewhere as Amazon said the one I wanted couldn’t be delivered to Ireland on Sunday, but now it can unfortunately. Just have to wait until whenever the other place send it out. Probably in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Cancelled my scan order of a 5900x cos amazon say they'll have my 5900x order with them out to me by December 30th so no brexit issues to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Scan have their massive shipment of 5600x in stock if anyones waiting on those at 299gbp plus whatever delivery is. Might be the time to strike pre Brexit!

(cheers to Spear yesterday for the bracket)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, pretty shocked if it does arrive tomorrow. Seems the stock issues are all but done. The 5800x was in stock on Amazon all day yesterday until I decided to pull the trigger. I'll have a week or two to stare at the box until my mobo arrives haha

Fingers crossed! My 5900x got bumped for a second time! Jan 22nd was original date, then Dec 31st-Jan 2nd, now Dec 28th-30th!

Have my mobo, need a GPU, ram, M2 drive and case... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »

That or should I say all those sku's are bad prices.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Scan have their massive shipment of 5600x in stock if anyones waiting on those at 299gbp plus whatever delivery is. Might be the time to strike pre Brexit!

(cheers to Spear yesterday for the bracket)

Nice, they seem to have loads of stock.
    I see it's marked as a special Christmas offer, what price does the 5600x normally sell for on Scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MSRP was supposed to be 280GBP so not too atrocious a markup.

Its really weird that the .de site is nearly always resellers but .co.uk has had loads recently sold by Amazon themselves at RRP. Never seems to happen on the German site.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    MSRP was supposed to be 280GBP so not too atrocious a markup.

Maybe it will sell at RRP when the Christmas offer is over :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Official US and UK RRP:
    Ryzen 5950X 16C/32T 4.9GHz 3.4GHz 72MB 105W $799/£750
    Ryzen 5900X 12C/24T 4.8GHz 3.7GHz 70MB 105W $549/£510
    Ryzen 5800X 8C/16T 4.7GHz 3.8GHz 36MB 105W $449/£420
    Ryzen 5600X 6C/12T 4.6GHz 3.7GHz 35MB 65W $299/£280

Bank US to UK conversion based on US MSRP: (These are not official just an exchange rate from US MSRP)
    Ryzen 5950X $799 / €607
    Ryzen 5900X $549 / €417
    Ryzen 5800X $449 / €341
    Ryzen 5600X $299 / €227

Bank UK to EUR conversion based on UK MSRP:
    Ryzen 5950X £750 / €840
    Ryzen 5900X £510 / €570
    Ryzen 5800X £420 / €470
    Ryzen 5600X £280 / €314

Here are the official prices from EU France:
    https://overclocking.com/les-prix-des-ryzen-5000-tout-pres-de-chez-nous/

Selon nos informations du jour, voici les prix qui devraient être ceux du marché français.
    • Ryzen 9 5950X : 819 euros
    • Ryzen 9 5900X : 565 euros
    • Ryzen 7 5800X : 460 euros
    • Ryzen 5 5600X : 309 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

My 5600x from AmazonDE left the UK GLS hub last Wednesday at 9.40am and only arrived in Dublin this evening.
    Poor courier must have swam with the ****ing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

Hi folks.

Quick one for you. I have a 5900x pre ordered with Scan. I'm approx 50 in the current queue waiting for stock to arrive.

Given the current situation with Brexit in a couple of weeks and the restrictions on shipping,would I be best cancelling the order and ordering from an EU supplier?

Annoying as I've been waiting on this since the 5th of November and would have purchased it in an EU country at the time. Any idea what the Vat/customs would be on it if I held my place?

Ketron wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Quick one for you. I have a 5900x pre ordered with Scan. I'm approx 50 in the current queue waiting for stock to arrive.

Given the current situation with Brexit in a couple of weeks and the restrictions on shipping,would I be best cancelling the order and ordering from an EU supplier?

Annoying as I've been waiting on this since the 5th of November and would have purchased it in an EU country at the time. Any idea what the Vat/customs would be on it if I held my place?

No customs duty, but the last time I ordered from Scan I was charged the UK 20% VAT, so in that case you'd be liable for VAT unless they change their systems to charge Irish VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

No customs duty, but the last time I ordered from Scan I was charged the UK 20% VAT, so in that case you'd be liable for VAT unless they change their systems to charge Irish VAT.

So would it be the case I'd be paying UK vat at 20% and then Irish Vat on top of that? I've the Cpu already fully paid for, I got caught out on launch day and my order was turned into a preorder.

So would it be the case I'd be paying UK vat at 20% and then Irish Vat on top of that? I've the Cpu already fully paid for, I got caught out on launch day and my order was turned into a preorder.

Yeah you'd be charged the 21% vat by customs on top of the UK vat you've already paid to Scan.

I'd probably hold out another few days depending on your position in the queue as there's still the slight possibility of a deal but after that it'd be a case of the above.

I cancelled mine with them for this reason. You should be in the next batch but I see from their status page its been delayed so it is a risk to wait. I ordered one from Amazon.co.uk last week and its getting delivered before the end of the year seemingly. They are popping up more and more on the .co.uk site for RRP

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

MaxBurns.ie have 5600x and 5900x in stock, 5600z is about €50 over MSRP, 5900x is about €70 over MSRP.

But, eh, they have them?

Not in store in Ireland atm but you can order for pickup within 2-3 working days.

And if you want a GPU to go with it they have this bargain, 18% off!
    https://www.maxburns.ie/gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-24gb-turbo-ampere-graphics-card.html

Good find though, the 5600x almost matches Amazons price.

MaxBurns.ie have 5600x and 5900x in stock, 5600z is about €50 over MSRP, 5900x is about €70 over MSRP.

But, eh, they have them?

Not in store in Ireland atm but you can order for pickup within 2-3 working days.
    they won't have anything till after christmas since everything from the UK is delayed. that's where I bought my mobo, but it's been delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

5800x arrived today just before I fled Dublin - now i've all I need to do the transplant!

Without derailing thread too much - anything obvious I'm missing below? I think I've covered most , but know the process will take a while..!

Prereq:
    2 usbs: 1 with the new bios to 'flash' the B550 for Zen 3, 1 with Windows installer?
    AM4 cooler mount (sorted)

1. Shut down, remove all hard drives, leave one 'ready to format' for reinstalling windows.
    2. Old Mobo out, new mobo in
    3. BIOS update (assume this is done once everything is 'transplanted' succesfully.
    4. Install windows
    5. Everything work perfectly?
    6. Add back all the old hard drives
    7. Pray?

Yep, that's pretty much it.

What are the odds of getting a motherboard that does not need an update at the moment?

Is it a mix of old and new stock that is being sold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Shlippery wrote: »
    leave one 'ready to format' for reinstalling windows.

or else boot with your previous windows install :cool:

I think I am in the minority by saying this, but I have never had problems with Windows 10 changing even from an Intel based 4790k to a Ryzen 3600 and then to the 5600x with the same Windows install

give it a shot you might be pleasantly surprised

Advertisement