Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Where I went just to look and it's priced €679

Ah it's gone up from 629

All Eyes On Rafah

All Eyes On Rafah

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I thought company ordering was still allowed but just tried without success.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    I thought company ordering was still allowed but just tried without success.

I've ordered one from Mindfactory, see how it works with Tiptrans. Let's ya know.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I've ordered one from Mindfactory, see how it works with Tiptrans. Let's ya know.

No issue with the credit card not being German?

Update: I bit the bullet myself. Hopefully they won't throw a tantrum fit about the card being Irish

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    No issue with the credit card not being German?

Update: I bit the bullet myself. Hopefully they won't throw a tantrum fit about the card being Irish

LOL. Welcome to the club.

No issue with the card it seems. Prepared for transport and money is gone from my account.

Since I got refunded on my faulty msi 3090......i may have gone a bit overboard and bought a new MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE motherboard, 64GB ram to go with it.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

64GB of RAM? How many hundreds of Chrome tabs are you planning on running? :pac:

64GB of RAM? How many hundreds of Chrome tabs are you planning on running? :pac:

Yeah I know......i stand by my decision. Lol.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah I know......i stand by my decision. Lol.

If you play a lot of the same game, Windows starts to cache a lot of it in ram at 64 gigs.

• Advertisement

LOL. Welcome to the club.

No issue with the card it seems. Prepared for transport and money is gone from my account.

Since I got refunded on my faulty msi 3090......i may have gone a bit overboard and bought a new MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE motherboard, 64GB ram to go with it.

Looks like the CPU is now in the "shipped" status - I even got an email apologizing that they didn't make it in time for the daily shipment cutoff (I ordered minuted before posting, so it makes sense), but "everything is ready to go with the next shipment" (according to Google Translate at least; Could be an email full of Germanic insults, for all I know :D).

Looks like they might be familiar with Tiptrans - I'll be curious myself to see how it works.

So according to UPS the CPU was delivered to TipTrans this morning. I'm waiting for the package to show up on their system to arrange the final delivery.

So according to UPS the CPU was delivered to TipTrans this morning. I'm waiting for the package to show up on their system to arrange the final delivery.

Yeah, mine was delivered to Tiptrans yesterday. They sent me a photo and everything.

You just select the carrier you want, optional insurance, etc.
    Mine is on the way with dpd.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yeah, mine was delivered to Tiptrans yesterday. They sent me a photo and everything.

You just select the carrier you want, optional insurance, etc.
    Mine is on the way with dpd.

_slightly off-topic_ but, we're all pals here -

Tiptrans - is that a German equivalent of parcel motel for mindfactory and other german sites? Searched boards, and think ye two are the only ones who've mentioned it! But I'm very curious, could be handy

Shlippery wrote: »

Tiptrans - is that a German equivalent of parcel motel for mindfactory and other german sites? Searched boards, and think ye two are the only ones who've mentioned it! But I'm very curious, could be handy

Roughly, yes; They seem to be a much more upscale operation than PM however, having "delivery points" in Germany, the UK, Czech Republic, China and Hong Kong. The site is super-minimalistic with an "industrial" feel, and my guess is that their main source of business is actually import/export for resellers, vendors etc. - but they accept "average chump customers" like myself as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Shlippery wrote: »

It's similar, so you get it shipped to tiptrans, but instead of like parcel motel where it's a flat fee, they give you a list of shipping options for different carriers and the prices. You can also group stuff together and do it in one big shipment as opposed to having to pay for each individual thing that gets delivered to them

Just one caveat - I'm doing the shipping thing, and in the end, the total cost comes through to nearly as much as buying a "scalped" CPU off of Amazon.Fr (they were about 1100 Euro). I think that with two shipments costs (Mindfactory charged me about 15Euro) and insurance, it came around 1000. I guess at least the extra money goes to people doing actual work (Tiptrans and UPS) rather than some spotty teenager let lose with dad's credit card and infinite time :D

Just one caveat - I'm doing the shipping thing, and in the end, the total cost comes through to nearly as much as buying a "scalped" CPU off of Amazon.Fr (they were about 1100 Euro). I think that with two shipments costs (Mindfactory charged me about 15Euro) and insurance, it came around 1000. I guess at least the extra money goes to people doing actual work (Tiptrans and UPS) rather than some spotty teenager let lose with dad's credit card and infinite time :D

I spent 34 on delivery

All Eyes On Rafah

I spent 34 on delivery

Yeah I guess I played it safe with the insurance :D

Yeah I guess I played it safe with the insurance :D

Huge price variation in companies from 11.50 to 174.50

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Huge price variation in companies from 11.50 to 174.50

yeah, but they all go up quite a bit if you add insurance on the full value. Could've shipped for like 15USD, but went the safe route of full insurance.

Which I mean, it's still cool and great to have another option to buy from sellers that (for whatever reason) don't ship outside of their countries; This was also an "edge case" of a single product with a very high value, and usually it wouldn't be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So the stock cooler for a 3600,is it a tad noisy for anyone else? Even just normal use it has a hum

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

EoinHef wrote: »
    So the stock cooler for a 3600,is it a tad noisy for anyone else? Even just normal use it has a hum

Is it the stealth? If so yes, it's rubbish. AMD's equivalent of the old intel cpu coolers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Something cheap like a 212 evo is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ok makes sense I suppose. Put together a PC for a friend,told him to get a small ~€30 cooler,even gave him the link. When I noticed no AM4 mount I messaged him and he said I went for that one because its looked better and was only €3 more expensive....smh:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

5800x avail right now shipped and sold by amazon.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0815XFSGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_AKMC9P0NQTWSTGFC00YN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

click other sellers and the amazon sold is third down £409.98

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I see 5950 on Amazon now too albeit at 999 UKP

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

5950x in stock on https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/ie

for €821,03

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

kingtiger wrote: »

for €821,03
    I'm very tempted to get a second one and put it in my editing rig but was hoping to get the 5000 Threadripper series.

• Advertisement

kingtiger wrote: »

for €821,03

Still in stock.

Tempted. But already have 5900x on route.and not fair on those needing chips.

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement