Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If you have a discrete GPU then maybe slot that in to see if problem continues

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'll check the drivers and another card.

The temperature seems fine according to the stats I can see displayed on speccy and the AMD software.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

DDU is the program you are looking for to remove old drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Anyone know the CCD config for the 5600X? Is it 6 + 0 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

8+0 with 2 cores disabled/zapped to death.

• Advertisement

It should be if going by current standards. But thinking more into it, it will be 6 cores in one CCD as it is their best 6 core part so makes sense. I know they haven't even mentioned any cheaper parts yet but they will come eventually.

So i cleared off the old Nvidia drivers with the above mentioned app and i checked the temps which seem to be all at a normal level (Green) the issue is still there.

Haven't tried another GPU yet but even if i do surely there is a work around to fix the issue that i assume is either the integrated GPU or the motherboard.

The motherboard is an aorus x570 aorus elite

So i cleared off the old Nvidia drivers with the above mentioned app and i checked the temps which seem to be all at a normal level (Green) the issue is still there.

Haven't tried another GPU yet but even if i do surely there is a work around to fix the issue that i assume is either the integrated GPU or the motherboard.

The motherboard is an aorus x570 aorus elite

I never owned a APU but is there a driver for them. Also make sure you have the latest chipset driver directly from AMD.

I never owned a APU but is there a driver for them. Also make sure you have the latest chipset driver directly from AMD.

Fairly sure both are updated but ill check.

Checked and installed the chipset from AMD the other one is up to date. Same problem though this is so annoying!

You did google the issue to see if other people may have had the issue. A quick google by me found this.

• Advertisement

Sorry just watched that video and it's not for a APU but might still be useful.

It might be a bios issue - maybe try resetting the bios with defaults and checking the integrated graphics settings

You did google the issue to see if other people may have had the issue. A quick google by me found this.

Seen that video the other day my issue is the screen goes black but its literally for 2 or 3 seconds so i dunno if its the same.

I googled so many different things in relation to this. I have changed and messed around with loads of things from the bios to vcore temps to custom resolutions etc.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    It might be a bios issue - maybe try resetting the bios with defaults and checking the integrated graphics settings

Should the bios be the latest version or another version?

https://www.gigabyte.com/ie/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

I have f30 installed from the above link.

I think it's always best to have the latest approved bios installed

Next thing would be to see if the problem exists with integrated graphics disabled and use another card

Should the bios be the latest version or another version?

https://www.gigabyte.com/ie/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

I have f30 installed from the above link.

F30 is the latest bios for Gigabyte X570 boards. So you are on latest.

If another GPU works then what? I want the current setup to work as apart from this one issue everything else seems fine.

If another GPU works then what? I want the current setup to work as apart from this one issue everything else seems fine.

From reading online and other people with the issue it seems to be a driver issue.

That video I posted try that even though it is a different issue but similar and his issue is a driver issue and so is yours.

You do not have to hold the reset button like he does in the video just hold the shift key when you click restart the computer and you do not need to have DDU on a flash drive. Before you do anything download DDU and leave it in downloads so when in safe boot mode just go to Downloads and it will be there.

Also have the correct latest driver already downloaded ready to install when you restart the computer after being in safe boot mode.

From reading online and other people with the issue it seems to be a driver issue.

That video I posted try that even though it is a different issue but similar and his issue is a driver issue and so is yours.

You do not have to hold the reset button like he does in the video just hold the shift key when you click restart the computer and you do not need to have DDU on a flash drive. Before you do anything download DDU and leave it in downloads so when in safe boot mode just go to Downloads and it will be there.

Also have the correct latest driver already downloaded ready to install when you restart the computer after being in safe boot mode.

So went to boot into safe mode now I am getting a message when my machine loads up Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Wtf! I tried going into the bios and selecting the drive with windows to boot from and nothing changes. So ya great I can't even get into windows now.

I don't have windows on a disk or flash drive either .

There shouldn't be a issue booting into safe boot mode and normal mode so I do not know why you have that issue.

We need a back story. Is this a new machine with new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc..?

I read it was a upgrade and tbh you should have really wiped the PC and done a fresh install of windows as you are having issues and a fresh install is always best but saying that the issue might still be there but always best to go through the different scenarios and find what's best.

Have you a phone? Download windows on phone and try get a lend of a laptop or friends computer to create a Windows boot usb stick and then fresh install Windows.

• Advertisement

There shouldn't be a issue booting into safe boot mode and normal mode so I do not know why you have that issue.

We need a back story. Is this a new machine with new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc..?

I read it was a upgrade and tbh you should have really wiped the PC and done a fresh install of windows as you are having issues and a fresh install is always best but saying that the issue might still be there but always best to go through the different scenarios and find what's best.

Have you a phone? Download windows on phone and try get a lend of a laptop or friends computer to create a Windows boot usb stick and then fresh install Windows.

So fresh install of windows got the drivers for everything still ****ing there and now it's worse.

What a load of ****e.

List out everything you are using

List out everything you are using

Motherboard: aorus x570 aorus elite
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
    Ram : Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz
    Psu: Corsair 600 cc
    Monitor : Lg cx led

Thanks for all the help by the way !

What resolution/hz is that monitor?

What resolution/hz is that monitor?

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-oled48cx6lb

I checked the settings of the tv as well there okay. Plus it was working fine with my old PC setup.

as funny as it seems I think thats the issue. Try a different monitor if you have one. I think I saw a solution, I'll go and look for it but if you can confirm the issue goes away with a seperate monitor it would help

as funny as it seems I think thats the issue. Try a different monitor if you have one. I think I saw a solution, I'll go and look for it but if you can confirm the issue goes away with a seperate monitor it would help

I don't have another monitor unfortunately. There's the tv on the Wall upstairs and that's it ha.

also check that you have CSM disabled and UEFI enabled in Bios

ok try this. Go into the AMD Graphics settings in windows and check what resolution it is reporting. AMD should let you setup a custom resolution. Do that and turn on CVT - Reduced Blanking under Timing Standard

Check resolution/hz are correct also

• Advertisement

ok try this. Go into the AMD Graphics settings in windows and check what resolution it is reporting. AMD should let you setup a custom resolution. Do that and turn on CVT - Reduced Blanking under Timing Standard

Check resolution/hz are correct also

Haha I actually found that mentioned online and have it on since other day. Changed the vcore speed to but didn't make any difference.

Advertisement