Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Is your hz over 60?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Is your hz over 60?

No should be just 60 from what I seeen last night .

Did you check any of the other Timing Standards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have you had a poke around windows event viewer?

Might give more of an idea whats going on.

Had a similar issue a few years ago and was a driver issue,event viewer showed the driver crashing and restarting

Does the HDR notification come up after the screen goes black?

• Advertisement

Does the HDR notification come up after the screen goes black?

Ya it's like screen is going off and on. Best way I can describe it is it's like someone is switching channel cause audio goes with the picture.

Can you turn off HDR in windows?

Can you turn off HDR in windows?

Same ha. I'm gonna go on PC now I try one or two the other things.

So I've tried everything mentioned it's actually worse now then it was before I wiped windows last night ha.

Update plugged in my previous GPU and have Hdmi connected via that so far no issues.

Wtf do I do so lol. Is the issue the Integrated graphics on the 3400g? Or is it clashing with the motherboard in some way?

I would say it's an issue with the integrated graphics and the LG OLED

• Advertisement

I would say it's an issue with the integrated graphics and the LG OLED

What makes ya think it's the tv?

Its not necessarily an issue with the tv in the sense that the tv is faulty - I suspect it's an issue with the limits of the integrated graphics and the expected input that the tv is expecting.

I assume you have the tv on game or pc mode? Have you tried other modes to see if it makes any difference?

Its not necessarily an issue with the tv in the sense that the tv is faulty - I suspect it's an issue with the limits of the integrated graphics and the expected input that the tv is expecting.

I assume you have the tv on game or pc mode? Have you tried other modes to see if it makes any difference?

Ya I have the input set to PC and I've been using it on isf dark room setting. Would the different picture modes on the tv change that much? The settings inside each are basically each time I switch.

cycle through the modes and see if there is any difference. Different modes can enable/disable features

cycle through the modes and see if there is any difference. Different modes can enable/disable features

If the tv works perfectly with a much older graphics card why wouldn't it work with a newer card with better features and support? Strange .

both the motherboard and integrated graphics have different capabilities for displaying images - even some older gpus can have a wider feature set.

for example your mobo can only support integrated graphics up to 4096x2160@60Hz even if your tv supports higher - regardless of the cpu installed

both the motherboard and integrated graphics have different capabilities for displaying images - even some older gpus can have a wider feature set.

for example your mobo can only support integrated graphics up to 4096x2160@60Hz even if your tv supports higher - regardless of the cpu installed

It's 3840 x 2160 @ 60hz currently and seems fine.
    I haven't had any issues since switching GPU's im gonna switch back to the APU and see if different picture settings make any difference.

The whole reason I bought the 3400g was to save money on not needing a graphics card as im not a PC gamer .

Uninstalled the Nvidia drivers took out the card put integrated graphics back on again. For a good ten plus minutes there it did nothing was working no issues but just as started typing this it's done it again. Really wish I could tell whats causing this so I can fix it. Really don't wanna have to build new graphics card.

Is windows, Radeon settings and the TV all reporting same resolution/hz?

Is windows, Radeon settings and the TV all reporting same resolution/hz?

Windows and Radeon yes. How do I check on the tv?

• Advertisement

is there an info button on remote?

also disable hdr in windows and see if that helps

is there an info button on remote?

also disable hdr in windows and see if that helps

I've tried it with and without hdr. Found hidden menu on tv. Ya its 60hz 3840 by 2160 in the dvi/hdmi status.

Decided to switch the resolution to 1080p and so far anyway no issues! Does this mean its the cable that's not going with the GPU?

This is the one im using https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KWNY4SF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_j2CIFbZ71NW3V

not the cable - more likely the intergared graphics is having an issue with some of the 4k/60hz settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,392 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Decided to switch the resolution to 1080p and so far anyway no issues! Does this mean its the cable that's not going with the GPU?

This is the one im using https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KWNY4SF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_j2CIFbZ71NW3V

"Unfortunately after 2 weeks of use I started to get flashing/flickering when watching HDR content on my Epson projector. Also getting the HDCP 2.2 screen error message. I’ve traced the issue back to this HDMI cable.
    Was fine when it worked, but not for HDR use hence the low score."

"Not sure these are certified as stated. Bought them to try to fix a recurring issue with my 4K Apple TV where the screen would flash black intermittently every few minutes, after an hour of installation the flashes returned.
    The Apple TV signal assed through a Denon AVR on to a Sony OLED tv.

Took a punt and bought some more expensive QED HDMI cables (£15 each) and the issue was resolved. A week later and the problem has not returned."

"Bought to use for 4k HDR gaming with PS4 on new Samsung UHD TV. Using this cable the ps4 said that HDR not supported and picture quality was average. Tried different cable and instantly PS4 recognised HDR capability and I'm now gaming with no issues and full HDR support using a DIFFERENT cable."

The product reviews reflect your experience with the cable. Swap it out, rule it out.

Overheal wrote: »
    "Unfortunately after 2 weeks of use I started to get flashing/flickering when watching HDR content on my Epson projector. Also getting the HDCP 2.2 screen error message. I’ve traced the issue back to this HDMI cable.
    Was fine when it worked, but not for HDR use hence the low score."

"Not sure these are certified as stated. Bought them to try to fix a recurring issue with my 4K Apple TV where the screen would flash black intermittently every few minutes, after an hour of installation the flashes returned.
    The Apple TV signal assed through a Denon AVR on to a Sony OLED tv.

Took a punt and bought some more expensive QED HDMI cables (£15 each) and the issue was resolved. A week later and the problem has not returned."

"Bought to use for 4k HDR gaming with PS4 on new Samsung UHD TV. Using this cable the ps4 said that HDR not supported and picture quality was average. Tried different cable and instantly PS4 recognised HDR capability and I'm now gaming with no issues and full HDR support using a DIFFERENT cable."

The product reviews reflect your experience with the cable. Swap it out, rule it out.

If only id seen those reviews! Right gonna have to get another cable so. It's weird that im using another of same cables on my Nvidia Shield and I've watched plenty on it with no such issues.

Any recommendations on the cables?

If only id seen those reviews! Right gonna have to get another cable so. It's weird that im using another of same cables on my Nvidia Shield and I've watched plenty on it with no such issues.

Any recommendations on the cables?

A name brand lol

You will want to go for a HDMI HDR 8K+ specific cable

US eg https://www.amazon.com/48Gbps-Compatible-Netflix-Playstation-Samsung/dp/B07S1CGQ9Z/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=HDMI+2.1&qid=1602872023&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011&rnid=2661617011&sr=8-3

What about Monoprice Qed Ibra and Amazin basics ?

What about Monoprice Qed Ibra and Amazin basics ?

I guess I'd chance whatever AmazonBasics was, but also I've at least heard of Ugreen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Support-7860x4320P-Compatible-Samsung/dp/B07Y84BY1W/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=HDMI%2Bhdr%2Bcable&qid=1602876247&sr=8-17&th=1

The Ibra looks the right part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I guess I'd chance whatever AmazonBasics was, but also I've at least heard of Ugreen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Support-7860x4320P-Compatible-Samsung/dp/B07Y84BY1W/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=HDMI%2Bhdr%2Bcable&qid=1602876247&sr=8-17&th=1

The Ibra looks the right part

Didn't someone on here have trouble with a Amazon basic HDMI cable and once they swapped it out for a different HDMI cable their issues went away.

I'm not saying they are bad cables but this guy/girl had a issue with one. I can't remember which thread it was in but it was fairly recently.

Advertisement