Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meatballs in sauce

• 18-08-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭

Ok, so I'm making meatballs tomorrow. Mince, garlic, onion, fresh thyme etc..

I normally make a tomato sauce and serve with pasta. But I'd love to do something else, like serve with a gravy type sauce but with more oomph and mashed potato and veg. Sort of my version of/tribute to IKEA meatballs.

Ideally I'd brown the meatballs first on a pan and then put into a casserole for 30 minutes or so with the afore mentioned sauce.

What I need is a nice recipe for the sauce part. I don't use packet sauces so something I can make from scratch and something that won't take too long to put together before it ends up in the oven.

Any ideas??

Comments

Advertisement