Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poopy cat

• 18-08-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

My male cat is a couple of months old, and literally poops all day...honestly, he has pooped 6 times today already. The stools are quite loose. His diet is just whiskas kitten food - dried only and only water to drink. Nothing else. If I need to change his food can anyone recommend anything, and do you think I should add some probiotic powder to his food too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

I've found whiskas kitten food not great quality, sounds like your kitten isn't able to digest it and it's going in one end and out the other! So maybe try james wellbeloved or one of the better quality brands and introduce gradually over a week, some probiotic or a spoonful of live yoghurt won't do any harm either!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Bug

I agree with the above post, the supermarket brands are rubbish, and will make the poop smell really bad too! I did a lot of research on a dry cat food to buy and finally settled on applaws kitten dry food. It's grain free and contains 80℅ chicken. That might help if he's got a sensitive stomach. My kitten loves the stuff, he wouldnt touch whiskas now. His coat and everything is looking great with it. I buy from zooplus website since I can't get it in my local petshop. It's not cheap but works out very good value of you buy 2kg or more at a time. I wouldn't give him yogurt in case it makes it worse, my lad gets sick with any dairy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

agreed. whisk-has and co are pure sh***.Like eating McDonald for a human every day. Agree with the recommendations of the other posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

+1 if your cat is "pooping all day" - either the food does not agree with him - or something else wrong. Poor little thing, his tummy is probably in bits - maybe some boiled chicken minced for a gentle transition to your new food - might be worth getting a 'sensitive' cat food to get him transitioned easily? Go to your local petstore (not supermarket!) and ask them for something decent quality, within your budget.

If the food is still running through your cat, you should definitely bring it to the vet to have it checked though. What kind of condition is it in?

Advertisement