Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A dictionary of cork slang

Options
  • 18-08-2016 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

I recently found my copy of this, was packed away in the loft with other stuff.
    Anyhow its the one with this cover
    http://www.corkslang.com/

is that the original book ?
    as online it shows a different cover when I google it of a book with a yellow cover and the fish on it.

Asking out of sheer curiosity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I recently found my copy of this, was packed away in the loft with other stuff.
    Anyhow its the one with this cover
    http://www.corkslang.com/

is that the original book ?
    as online it shows a different cover when I google it of a book with a yellow cover and the fish on it.

Asking out of sheer curiosity

I think the one you have is the original cover. I remember buying it nearly 30 years ago (yikes!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I think the one you have is the original cover. I remember buying it nearly 30 years ago (yikes!).

I was given my copy by a buddy in the pub the night Ireland beat romania on penalties in the world cup back in 1990.
    not as long as yourself but makes you think how fast time flies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I was given my copy by a buddy in the pub the night Ireland beat romania on penalties in the world cup back in 1990.
    not as long as yourself but makes you think how fast time flies

I watched that game in Costigans on Washington St. Great memories. :)

Advertisement