Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Millenials vs. Gen X (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

• 18-08-2016 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

250px-Survivor33.png

Season 33 of the greatest show in town CBS Survivor is due to premiere on Wednesday 21st September 2016 8/7c,8 PM Eastern Time/7 PM Central Time.It divides the 20 castaways into initial tribes by age.

A showdown looms between the generation after the baby boomers and the demographic cohort that are the millennials(Y) who lie behind generations X and Z.It was shot in Fiji.

Chrome link to the full cast

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1006780/survivor-season-33-meet-the-cast-of-millennials-vs-gen-x/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

New Survivor, new Survivor Australia, new Great British Bakeoff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

What channel is survivor shown on? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Starts September 21st on CBS in the States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Mr E wrote: »
    Starts September 21st on CBS in the States.

Not on UPC or Sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Monife wrote: »
    Not on UPC or Sky?

TG4 show it, but they're usually 2 seasons behind. Not sure when it's on TG4 next, but they're the only channel that show it this side of the pond and to be fair I think they put it in a decent timeslot and not the middle of the night like some other channels would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Loving the cast,very interesting.

Models check
    Boston cop check
    Youth Pastor check
    Missionary Recruiter... Lots of mentions of God check
    Geek check
    Presumably gay guy,annoying? check
    Annoying multiple personality girl? check
    Know it all lawyer check
    Gamer check
    Body builder check
    Band member check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah looks like a good mix. I think they've done young vs. old before, but this is a new spin.

So it's all kicking off tonight!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Michelle is my pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A storm so bad they evacuate the survivors off the island that's good start to the season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Enjoyed that first episode, some decent characters.

The cool kids on the Millennial tribe clearly have no clue what they’re doing being so obvious when they don’t even have the numbers. Michelle seems to have a bit of sense and not as tight as the others so I can see her realizing the situation and leaving the three.

Not sure how David survived that vote but I’d suspect Rachel was even more annoying than the edit allowed for.

Zeke is already my favourite - easy to root for right off the bat.

I was full sure the Millenials were going to lose the IC,they'd all the appearances of a thoroughly hapless bunch.

On the whole I found the Gen X easier to warm to.The beautiful triforce on the Millenials are setting themselves up for a fall.I was fully expecting an early blindside in the event they lost the IC.Michelle for sure will leave her options open,it appears like she won't go deep in to the game if she adheres to her christian values.Fair play to Zeke were starting the fire,I know he's going to end up irritating the life out of me.Gamer Mari is all talk..I predict an early exit.The high school kid Will seems really genuine.

Meanwhile over on the Gen X tribe David is just so annoying,closely followed by Rachel.Ken appears to be a know it all.Chris and Bret appear the most calm and collected individuals on the tribe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

So im terrible with names, but my favs so far are really good looking guy in Gen X and super gay guy in M :D. Super paranoid guy is so annoying, hope hes gone next. Snowboarder on M is just as bad in a different way

Another Michelle win on the cards, good first episode for her.

Probst gets a lot of flack on message boards but he is an outstanding host, when he's done so is survivor.

Really?? Id rate him as my favourite tv host, im actually shocked to hear he gets flack

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Michelle is my pick.

She's got this.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    She's got this.

Think she got lucky this week, she seemed completely clueless about how annoyed the rest of the tribe was about the power couple. If the others weren’t stupid enough to tell Jay (who was clearly extremely tight with the couple) then they would have been blindsided themselves. It was great scrambling all the same, I would have really liked to hear an extended cut of those conversations with Michaela and Will to see what they said to turn them. I presume she was worried about those two not flipping which is why she started talking to Hannah at tribal, otherwise all she did was risk the blindside by highlighting that something was afoot. The whole turn of events, or maybe just the edit, made very little sense.

• Advertisement

So I was watching while playing with my baby, what was the logic of that vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its really very simple. Paul told his alliance "Dont worry, if there was an all guy alliance i would tell you I was going with them...." which obviously led them to believe he would jump if the opportunity arouse. He f*cked up basically. In trying to reassure them, he only made them nervous.

Its obviously good news for David, Ken and CC.

Kirby wrote: »

If the three of them and Zeke and Adam could make it to a merge and teamed up, they'd make for a very entertaining Final 5.

Kirby wrote: »
    Its really very simple. Paul told his alliance "Dont worry, if there was an all guy alliance i would tell you I was going with them...." which obviously led them to believe he would jump if the opportunity arouse. He f*cked up basically. In trying to reassure them, he only made them nervous.

He really dropped the ball,Michelle could go deep into the game.A very sociable,likeable and pretty girl.

CeCe deserved to be voted out,absolutely shocking performance in the IC,ditto David in the RC.Ken seems like a decent guy,he might be now able to turn his game around.Bit of the Ozzy about him with the fishing for some delicious octupus.

Good cool down episode for Michele.

I can only see a millennial winning this, terrible play by the gen exers, should have ditched CC.

What is the deal with that woman's eyes, demonically bloodshot.

Weird playing of the idol. If everyone was into voting Jess out (including her closest ally), saving her did nothing to help him in the game. Even worse with the likely swap next week meaning they could split up. I'm not sure if it's the editing this season but the votes seem to be missing key details that make sense.

The highlight of the episode was realising that the giant Chris has a tramp stamp on his lower back. Would definitely make him a lot less intimidating in challenges.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Weird playing of the idol. If everyone was into voting Jess out (including her closest ally), saving her did nothing to help him in the game. Even worse with the likely swap next week meaning they could split up. I'm not sure if it's the editing this season but the votes seem to be missing key details that make sense.

The highlight of the episode was realising that the giant Chris has a tramp stamp on his lower back. Would definitely make him a lot less intimidating in challenges.

It was a truly mind boggling and wasted use of his HII,symbolic of the lack of game David possesses.He has surely angered the majority and ultimately sealed his fate.Even Ken voted Jessica.Delighted Lucy was voted out,highly overinflated opinion of her ability and quite dictatorial in her utterances.

Gen X are doing their best to self implode with their disunity and lack of harmony.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

I take it ppl are watching this online,is it allowed to post links here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

milehip wrote: »
    I take it ppl are watching this online,is it allowed to post links here?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

While it probably made more sense to hold onto it for another tribal I don't think it's the worst move if you feel a tribe switch isn't on the horizon. Maybe he should have known better that this was a possibility but it wasn't a certainty.

If there wasn't a switch then that move would have put David high up the chain on the right side of the numbers.

Maybe he'll find it again before they switch too.

Advertisement