Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Millenials vs. Gen X (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

S.M.B. wrote: »
    While it probably made more sense to hold onto it for another tribal I don't think it's the worst move if you feel a tribe switch isn't on the horizon. Maybe he should have known better that this was a possibility but it wasn't a certainty.

If there wasn't a switch then that move would have put David high up the chain on the right side of the numbers.

Maybe he'll find it again before they switch too.

I'd agree with this, it was a good move were it not for the fact the tribes are about to switch, but he had no way of knowing that. By using it on her he guaranteed her loyalty and that would give him and his allies 4-3 advantage next tribal instead of being on the wrong side of the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Bizarre bout of gameplay from the genxers, no chance any of them win it, only David and Ken have a half way decent edit while on the millennial tribe Adam, Michele and Zeke have well-rounded edits.

Don't like having 2 seperate challenges, roll them into each other, cuts too much into the politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Don't like having 2 seperate challenges, roll them into each other, cuts too much into the politics.
    Oh God no, totally disagree.

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh God no, totally disagree.

Seriously?

One challenge per 40 odd minute episode is enough for me personally, boiling 3 days down to 20 minutes is daunting enough for editors of any stripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

I have to agree with Thargor, I came here mainly for the challenges, not the social aspect. A lot of the time I'm wishing they would show less of the bickering and mundane convo's and get on with what Survivor is all about, Surviving challenges. They can argue at home in the kitchen ffs but ask them to battle it out for a sausage or two, bring it ONNNN! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Bizarre bout of gameplay from the genxers, no chance any of them win it, only David and Ken have a half way decent edit while on the millennial tribe Adam, Michele and Zeke have well-rounded edits.

Not sure I'd lump Zeke into that bunch. From an edit perspective I think you could argue that David looks just as likely to win as an Adam or a Michelle.

While it probably made more sense to hold onto it for another tribal I don't think it's the worst move if you feel a tribe switch isn't on the horizon. Maybe he should have known better that this was a possibility but it wasn't a certainty.

If there wasn't a switch then that move would have put David high up the chain on the right side of the numbers.

Maybe he'll find it again before they switch too.
    :D

Delighted he didn't play his second idol as that would have been a dumb move.

Relieved Michelle is still in there, think David will be targeted after they lose the next challenge and he'll probably idol out Chris.

Anyone see the cast list for next season, bizarre to say the least, it's an 'all star' season for some reason.

The difference in the sound editing between this version and the Australian one is crazy. Music cues this season have been great.

Yeah, I saw the list earlier in the summer minus the returnees from this season.

Some very odd choices in there. Still keen to see if there's a theme. Or has it been confirmed as Survivor Gamechangers or something like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Mikela really is annoying, I think David is a bit of a fairy but I can still cheer him on even if he is a little pathetic. Mikela though is the worst

• Advertisement

Kal El wrote: »
    Mikela really is annoying, I think David is a bit of a fairy but I can still cheer him on even if he is a little pathetic. Mikela though is the worst

/

Get ready for her return next season then. :pac:

What! Why :(

Get ready for her return next season then. :pac:
    Ah here, I hope this isn't what I think it is?

Sorry about that, here's the cast for next season, possible spoilers for this one:

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/127710/S34-Cast-Spoiled-by-Redmond

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not a bad looking cast,shan't say too much in case it contains any spoilers that would inhibit one's enjoyment of this season.

Actually, wait a minute. How is michaela the worst? She's by far the best cast member on the show.

Actually, wait a minute. How is michaela the worst? She's by far the best cast member on the show.

You spelled Michelle wrong.:p

The girls absolutely destroyed my will to live with their megaphone instructions at the RC.

I imagine the straight talking Michaela has made a few enemies with her antics at the IC,rate her highly as a player nonetheless.

So tribal spelt the end of the blossoming romance,right call by Adam imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Michaela is one of my favourites so far this season, along with Zeke, Ken, and David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Quite like Michelle. Thing she could be a dark horse in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Kirby wrote: »
    Quite like Michelle. Thing she could be a dark horse in this one.

Figgy getting shown the door has helped her massively, as the 3 or 4 of them would have been targeted post merge as they were too tight.

Think her game so far is very overrated (though she was good in that challenge) and she is lucky to still be there; she had no clue of the move against the couple on the millennial tribe and last week she tried to target Dave who Zeke and Chris were in the process of trying to bring on their side. A more vindictive person than Dave would have turned on her straight away once he heard.

Good move by Adam, depending on how the votes go before merge (or going to two tribes again) himself, Zeke (who were tight before) and the Gen X group could have the numbers.

Michaela is one of my favourites so far this season, along with Zeke, Ken, and David.
    She's the complete package. A competition beast, cracking TV with her direct honest outbursts and potential for an emotional arc for the editors.

Oh my that was beautiful, definitely worth waking up for, Jay's a legend.

'Bye Felecia', whoever the hell that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What an awesome blindside that is best one I've seen in a longtime.

I'm sad Michaela went so soon, she was becoming my favourite player of the season.
    'Bye Felecia', whoever the hell that is.

The Bye Felicia thing is a meme, that I believe originated from that film Friday with Ice Cube in it... I've a fair few friends who are constantly saying it (mostly the Americans), but I've heard a couple of Irish people say it on occasion.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bye%20felicia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

Liking this season a lot! Was glad to see Figgy go last week. Wise move to get rid of Michaela before the merge. Interesting to see how it will all pan out!

Awesome blindside,definitely one of the best in a long time.Correct move nonetheless but very disappointed as Michaela was an outstanding player.She had all the elements to become the sole survivor.

Chris and Ken impressed at the RC and IC.

:(

Inevitable but I thought she'd at least make the merge.

Sounds like michaela was down to go final 4 with those guys and I think they'll regret it come the end game.

The cool kids from the milenials tribe are going to get picked off and it'll be the Gen X plus the initial outcasts who control the second part of the game.

She's the complete package. A competition beast, cracking TV with her direct honest outbursts and potential for an emotional arc for the editors.

I think shes terrible, Im delighted to see her voted out. They really need to do better psyc evaluations. For me she was just a arrogant bully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah I didnt get the hype either, she had that "chosen one" attitude that a few Survivors develop but what was it based on really, a couple of good challenge performances?

Hilarious how easy it is for them to spot that guys a cop aswell, he looks like one of the cast of Third Watch or NYPD Blue dropped into Survivor :D

Advertisement