Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Millenials vs. Gen X (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Immensely enjoyable season (best in a long time) with a deserved winner and lots of classic gameplay throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Have to agree with my fellow survivor fans.. That was without doubt one of the greatest seasons ever.Best in many a long day.

The fake HII was ingenious,surprised Jay fell for it.Damn it why didn't he cover his numbers.Like all the other cast members he was an exceptionally nice guy and didn't betray Adam's confidence.

I really thought Adam was dead right in believing Hannah made the wrong call in voting out Brett and scuppering Adam's hard labour in finding and playing his HII.I thought her friendship with David might be her downfall.

Ken made the right call in voting out David.. Tad gutted for David as I thought he was the outstanding player this season.

Final tribal was only a tad fractious with Adam and Hannah exchanging blows.It really came down to whither the jury believed Adam's outstanding gameplay superceded Ken's 4 IC wins and sole big move in voting out David.Only one winner.Couldn't for the life of me understand why Ken wasted his legacy advantage at 6 when he was not at any threat.

So so sad that Adam's Mum passed away an hour post his arrival back in San Francisco.Nice gesture to donate 100K to cancer research.

Nice line up for next season.. Former winners Sandra,Tony...Michaela,Sierra,Cerie,Tai and the one and only Ozzy Lusth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Couldn't for the life of me understand why Ken wasted his legacy advantage at 6 when he was not at any threat.

Nice line up for next season.. Former winners Sandra,Tony...Michaela,Sierra,Cerie,Tai and the one and only Ozzy Lusth!
    He didn't have a choice, it was for that tribal council only.

And I like how they didn't list out all the average contestants that they're bringing back. Gamechangers is such a rediculous theme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Happy with the winner, delighted Hannah got no vote, she showed her true colours in the final tribal, she comes across as very obnoxious.
    For me Dave/Zeke were the stars of the show. Ken made the right move not bringing Dave to the final, but he was never beating Adam either. No idea how Adam/Dave survived so long tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Well deserved win, no complaints.

Returnee season was filmed in may, see y'all in march.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm disappointed that David did not make the final 3 (he should have won) but I'd prefer Hannah to win over Adam. Nevertheless Adam is a great guy and it was a brilliant season overall.

Roll on next season where I'm hoping to attend the live finale *fingers crossed*

Now off I go to see what items to purchase from ebay :)

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that David did not make the final 3 (he should have won) but I'd prefer Hannah to win over Adam. Nevertheless Adam is a great guy and it was a brilliant season overall.

Roll on next season where I'm hoping to attend the live finale *fingers crossed*

Nah I'd have to go for Adam over Hannah!:)

Ebay? Suuuure. :p

seligehgit wrote: »
    Nah I'd have to go for Adam over Hannah!:)

I don't think he did much compared to her apart from a lot more crying and giving away his reward steal :D
    GreNoLi wrote: »
    Ebay? Suuuure. :p

:confused:

I liked hannah too and thought she'd get a few votes. She clearly had a problem with reading the jury throughout the game though .

Turns out Adam had very strong ties with some jury members that never made it into the show too.

My favourite thing about the season was probably how they showed plenty of the bad moves that Adam made. That's what threw me off. Well played editors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great season alright, couldn't really fault it. Lack of a proper villain/any nastiness prevents it from being an all time great like the Russel/Rob and Am-buh seasons in my opinion though, you need a bit of that to spice things up.

I would have have rather seen David win it tbh, he deserved it, fake idol being played is always hilarious as was his neurosis about everything and lack of confidence. I didnt like Adam at all, the crying was really starting to annoy me towards the end.
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    Turns out Adam had very strong ties with some jury members that never made it into the show too.
    Oh yeah? Any more about this...

Nothing major but apparently he had legit final 2 deals with a few on the jury that you wouldn't expect. I know one is Jessica. They were apparently very close and she was 100% going to be voting Adam at FTC even if David was still around. There were one or two more that I found surprising as the edit didn't touch on these bonds.

I'm a bidding war at the moment, it has been back and forth for the last few days :D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/201750811325?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't think he did much compared to her apart from a lot more crying and giving away his reward steal :D

:confused:

Don't be so coy, just a reference to items that might not be available on ebay. :)

If you get what you're bidding on you'd have urned it.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Don't be so coy, just a reference to items that might not be available on ebay. :)

If you get what you're bidding on you'd have urned it.

Sorry I read it as "you aren't sad enough to bid on props" :D

As much as I would like the urn I won't be paying what it is currently going lol (oh and nice pun ;))

Holy sh1t some of the past survivors are freaking awesome, others are prick$!

Whats being said?

Spill the beans.:D

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats being said?

I was speaking to Gillian Larson and Paul Wachter last night (first time speaking to Paul) and within a few mins he said dude what's your address I'm going to send you some signed stuff :)

but then it reminded me of Billy Garcia a few years back who asked for money in order to send something signed. No other survivor has ever asked me for money! When I was running an ORG years ago I got tons of stuff as prizes and everyone was more than happy to help except him (and a few who didn't reply)

I'm a bidding war at the moment, it has been back and forth for the last few days :D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/201750811325?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Price has doubled since you posted that Kingtut, still cheaper than Id expect even with a few days to go though.

• Advertisement

Price has doubled since you posted that Kingtut, still cheaper than Id expect even with a few days to go though.

Ye there are 2 items I have my eye on and that is not one of them (it would be if I could afford it but I bumped the price up anyway lol - it keeps one person away from the items I like unless they are super rich)

I don't get people bidding this far in advance to be honest, just drives up the price for everyone. I usually bid last minute although it means I'm usually up at 3am !

For anyone curious my items are shown here: https://www.yourprops.com/collector/irishalanl.html
    I actually have a lot more but haven't got around to updating it yet (I know I know I say the same every year!!)

My most recent addition to my collection is Lex's wallet from the survivor auction in Season 3)

Dan Kay from Survivor 17 (Gabon) died suddenly a few days ago on December 31st. RIP :(

15871620_10211513730947054_569581741316577926_n.jpg?oh=a02d6a9575c0ab49874c546fc345e2b5&oe=58DAB26A

15873096_10211513732227086_1991940283183514939_n.jpg?oh=b3bbe6fe6306dc92135953f8b73fbf33&oe=5924233A

15871694_10154787942453529_760458937462339816_n.jpg?oh=008bbe7a3bab2a9b15f838fb7d22c14e&oe=59177A43

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/03/dan-kay-dead-survivor-gabon-contestant-dies/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Kal El wrote: »
    Really?? Id rate him as my favourite tv host, im actually shocked to hear he gets flack

Just blitzed through this season over 4 nights, so will enjoy reading replying ot this thread in sequence.

Ya, I agree. Richard O'Brien-esque, Survivor is gone if/when he leaves. But he has a producer credit now and seems to be involved in the running of the show. I'm sure he is on big bucks and feels on some level it is 'his' show.

He is excellent. He is brilliant at tribal council, asks the perfect questions, whether it is all him or not is up for debate, could be a team effort.

He is in sharp contrast to Emma Wilis on Celeb Big Bro for example.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Actually, wait a minute. How is michaela the worst? She's by far the best cast member on the show.

I thought Michaela was amazing :o, sometimes her personality annoyed me a bit, a bit too upfront and in your face. But she was brilliant at challenges and absolutely beautiful :o

Great she gets another shot.

A great double episode with a fantastic ending and rocks being drawn.

Agreed, brilliant episode. I, along with all the players, was gutted when Jessica picked the dark rock. Not because it was her, just the method of going out like that.

I hope they invite her back to play again, she deserves it.

I didnt like Adam at all, the crying was really starting to annoy me towards the end.

Ya same here, he was almost at the level of blubbering of post fight interviews with the winner on a UFC PPV card.

Don't want to start a new thread but I binge-watched Season 11 Guatemala just there and I think the 2 most recent seasons are better. It has evolved, people concentrate more on strategy and on "the game" instead of loyalty and being liked.

Strange to think of a great TV series improving in season 32 and 33. I'm certain Survivor will continue for as long as Jeff is there, no sign of quality declining anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

We wenet through a mad phase of binge watching series, the later ones are definitely more enjoyable, especially since they brought in the hidden idols etc.

Advertisement