Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one know a shop that sells individual replacement tent poles ?

Options
  • 18-08-2016 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Looking for a 7.9mm diameter tent pole to replace one that snapped for me . Ordering from the U.K is costing almost as much as I spent on the tent .

Any camping / outdoor shops that stock spares of various sizes ?

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Looking for a 7.9mm diameter tent pole to replace one that snapped for me . Ordering from the U.K is costing almost as much as I spent on the tent .

Any camping / outdoor shops that stock spares of various sizes ?

Thanks for any info

Try the Great Outdoors and the shops around Mary St / Capel St junction.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I got mine from an ebay seller in china, the 7.9mm diameter seems to be quite common.

I only needed a single section and found the cheapest way of getting what I needed was to order a two pole set where all the sections were longer than I needed.

I dismantled one (removed shock cord) cut a section to the length I needed and removed a joiner as there were two internal joiners on the broken section. Hardest part was securing the second joiner without damaging the new section. Superglued the internal joiner and carefully pin punched the outside of the section to hold it in position.

I'm too lazy to post it but if you are anywhere near Dungarvan Co. Waterford anytime I have about a dozen spare.

Advertisement