Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunmahon

Options
  • 18-08-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Took the kids down to Bunmahon beach and went for a squint at a cottage for sale, maybe I missed the village proper but all a I found was a pub, closed shops, closed takeaway, closed pub. And a church converted to a visitor centre - are there any shops or places to eat at all? Also how safe is the beach, having girls that want to surf/swim. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, that is the village. It is a lovely area but you have to go to Kill or Tramore for groceries. There is a pub and I think there is a cafe nearby - not sure if it is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Took the kids down to Bunmahon beach and went for a squint at a cottage for sale, maybe I missed the village proper but all a I found was a pub, closed shops, closed takeaway, closed pub. And a church converted to a visitor centre - are there any shops or places to eat at all? Also how safe is the beach, having girls that want to surf/swim. Thanks.

The beach is unsafe . There are dangerous currents .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

The beach is unsafe . There are dangerous currents . Its not suitable for kids to be learning how to swim or surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

It is a perfect place to learn how to surf. There is a local surf school there that offer lessons. Maybe not the best place to learn how to swim however, just like any other beach in Ireland! Supervised lessons are the way to go!

Advertisement