Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking customer service eir

Options
  • 18-08-2016 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I would like to share my experience of eirs shocking customer service so other potential customers dont have to suffer.

16/07- signed up for eir fibre

20/07- rang and cancelled order 4 days into cooling off period as sky offered me a better rate.

22/07- receive call from eir engineer to install fiber.? Rang eir again and told them id cancelled. They cancelled it again and confirmed.

27/07- still receiving mails from eir. A/c wasnt cancelled. Rang again. Cancelled again. Confirmed by eir again.

03/08- Eir take unauthorised ownership of my phone line and bb from sky.  Rang to cancel again! Confirmed again.
                 Have to ring sky to give them eirs new UAN  so sky can take my line back.

Today-  receive notification from eir they are taking €38 from my a/c tmrw for a service that was never installed and cancelled 4 times.

Have spent 2 hrs on phone to eir tonight.  3 different agents put me on hold and never come back on the line or put me back in the main menu.

Finally get someone to deal with me.  He says i shouldnt be charged, and removes charges from a/c.  He says DD probably cant be stopped tmrw. I will receive a refund chq in 30 days!!!! He cant offer explanation for a/c not being cancelled on 4 seperate occasions. Superviser not available. Says superviser will call me back tonight. No call.

If they take a DD tmrw im going to Eirs head office and not leaving untill i get my money.

My advice-

1. NEVER EVER EVER SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING WITH EIR.  ITS NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

2. IF YOU ARE UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE AN EIR CUSTOMER-  DONT KEEP BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST A WALL. AFTER THEY IGNORE YOUR 1ST REQUEST JUST EMAIL COMREG WITH THE DETAILS AND THEY WILL CHASE IT UP FOR YOU. THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS ON COMREGS WEBSITE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 2late8

Excellent advise- especially point 1.
    People don't believe me when I tell them the stories about what Eir have/have not done over past 2 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I would like to share my experience of eirs shocking customer service so other potential customers dont have to suffer.

16/07- signed up for eir fibre

20/07- rang and cancelled order 4 days into cooling off period as sky offered me a better rate.

22/07- receive call from eir engineer to install fiber.? Rang eir again and told them id cancelled. They cancelled it again and confirmed.

27/07- still receiving mails from eir. A/c wasnt cancelled. Rang again. Cancelled again. Confirmed by eir again.

03/08- Eir take unauthorised ownership of my phone line and bb from sky.  Rang to cancel again! Confirmed again.
                 Have to ring sky to give them eirs new UAN  so sky can take my line back.

Today-  receive notification from eir they are taking €38 from my a/c tmrw for a service that was never installed and cancelled 4 times.

Have spent 2 hrs on phone to eir tonight.  3 different agents put me on hold and never come back on the line or put me back in the main menu.

Finally get someone to deal with me.  He says i shouldnt be charged, and removes charges from a/c.  He says DD probably cant be stopped tmrw. I will receive a refund chq in 30 days!!!! He cant offer explanation for a/c not being cancelled on 4 seperate occasions. Superviser not available. Says superviser will call me back tonight. No call.

If they take a DD tmrw im going to Eirs head office and not leaving untill i get my money.

My advice-

1. NEVER EVER EVER SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING WITH EIR.  ITS NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

2. IF YOU ARE UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE AN EIR CUSTOMER-  DONT KEEP BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST A WALL. AFTER THEY IGNORE YOUR 1ST REQUEST JUST EMAIL COMREG WITH THE DETAILS AND THEY WILL CHASE IT UP FOR YOU. THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS ON COMREGS WEBSITE.
    Hi Sweeper Keeper,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am extremely sorry to hear this. I can assure you this is not the level of service we aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

If there is anything we can assist you with from here please feel free to PM me your account details.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sweeper keeper

Pm sent

I'd like to say as well that in my experience it is typical of your level of customer service.

I had the exact same responses before with a business a/c that went on for 7 mths. Most times i contacted CC it was the same disrespect.

-putting a customer on hold for 40 mins and never coming back on the line.

-putting a customer on hold for 20 mins then diverting them back to the main menu.

-not calling back as promised

-not responding to emails

-one of your CC agents even blocked my email address!

I had to go to comreg just to have my issue dealt with!

It seems nothing has changed and the domestic division is as bad as the business division

eir: Ciara wrote: »

I am extremely sorry to hear this. I can assure you this is not the level of service we aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Ciara
    Having been (and never ever ever ever will be an Eir customer again) this IS the level of service which you ACTUALLY DO provide.

The evidence is a quick look at this forum or a quick google search.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

TheTorment wrote: »
    eir: Ciara wrote: »

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Ciara
    Having been (and never ever ever ever will be an Eir customer again) this IS the level of service which you ACTUALLY DO provide.

The evidence is a quick look at this forum or a quick google search.
    Too bloody true.

Ranked 96 out of 100 on a Reptrak survey of customer satisfaction and opinion, beating only Bank of Ireland, AIB and Irish Water.

The highest number of complaints logged with ComReg and the CCPC per active customer of any telecommunications provider in this country every single year (i.e. if you take number of complaints per 1000 customers of each provider, Eir rank highest - so it can't be explained away that they get the most complaints simply because they're the biggest in subscriber number terms).

Have had court cases brought against them every single year by ComReg for failing to adhere to basic consumer law, or worse, failing to adhere to their very own customer code of practice and complaints procedure!

You don't get that sort of attention if you're providing good customer service.

And yet some genius thought a multi-million Euro rebrand would suddenly fix everything while they could carry on treating their customers with complete and utter contempt. I couldn't help but laugh when one of their execs was on bleating on The Journal last year about how he couldn't understand why they had gotten such a bad name and why so many people had overwhelmingly negative views of Eircom (at the time).

And it's a systemic thing - Meteor had fantastic customer support until Eir bought them out a number of years back and now they're just as bad to deal with as Eir.

Just to follow up here. Guess what?. Eir customer service never followed up on this either on here or anywhere else.!!!

I re-iterate- if anybody has an issue with eir dont bother wasting your time waiting for their inept customer service to do their job. After they blank you once go straight to comreg. They will deal with it on your behalf. It only takes an email. The address is on comregs site.

If everyone did this Eir would soon have to cop themselves on.

This information should be a sticky at the top of this forum really. It would save a lot of consumers a lot of frustration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Just to follow up here.  Guess what?. Eir customer service never followed up on this either on here or anywhere else.!!!  

I re-iterate- if anybody has an issue with eir dont bother wasting your time waiting for their inept customer service to do their job. After they blank you once go straight to comreg. They will deal with it on your behalf. It only takes an email. The address is on comregs site.

If everyone did this Eir would soon have to cop themselves on.

This information should be a sticky at the top of this forum really. It would save a lot of consumers a lot of frustration
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for delay [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sweeper keeper,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Ciara will be back to you shortly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

Oriinginally posted by Eir: Ciara

If there is anything we can assist you with from here please feel free to PM me your account details.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Give him his money back!!!

Its fine ciara. I tried that once already and didnt get a response.

In any case I used sepa to refund the money. When i get the time I intend to write to comreg outlining my treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

I'm after having a similar experience. Rang and cancelled within my cooling off period, TV service was just not worth it, not bad but not great, and bb on its own was shocking value.

Said I would check my myeir account at months end to see how much money I owed them. It didn't look right so I contacted them by chat. Was told by guy on chat that my cancellation was not processed. Gave him date and time and name of person I spoke to.

No, not cancelled just put down for switching provider so apparently I am still a customer who can be charged. I was working in a place for the past 3 weeks where I could not use my phone from 7-7 without going about 2 hrs out of my way. Has bb access only in work so was corresponding with some other useless department who were no help again.

Anyway, I really couldn't care. Iv cancelled my contract as far as I am concerned. Contacted 3 people, 1 by phone and 2 by chat/email.

Eir can dream on if they think I'm jumping through hoops for their failings/ poor ethics to try and scam customers, which is all I can fathom is what they are trying to receive.

Also cancelled my DD so they are not getting any money. When I'm billed correctly, they will be paid. Also informed them that I am not longer a customer so they have 6 weeks to collect their equipment, or I will have to dispose of. They don't seem to care though.

My account number is 29783376, if ye want to try and fix it. But I certainly won't be wasting anymore time on ye

Horrible disgraceful behavior. I was actually a small bit guilt ridden cancelling aswell, but happy to have found out how eir operate so i never have to touch them again

eurokev wrote: »
    I'm after having a similar experience. Rang and cancelled within my cooling off period, TV service was just not worth it, not bad but not great, and bb on its own was shocking value.

Said I would check my myeir account at months end to see how much money I owed them. It didn't look right so I contacted them by chat.  Was told by guy on chat that my cancellation was not processed. Gave him date and time and name of person I spoke to.

No, not cancelled just put down for switching provider so apparently I am still a customer who can be charged. I was working in a place for the past 3  weeks where I could not use my phone from 7-7 without going about 2 hrs out of my way. Has bb access only in work so was corresponding with some other useless department who were no help again.

Anyway, I really couldn't care. Iv cancelled my contract as far as I am concerned. Contacted 3 people, 1 by phone and 2 by chat/email.

Eir can dream on if they think I'm jumping through hoops for their failings/ poor ethics to try and scam customers, which is all I can fathom is what they are trying to receive.

Also cancelled my DD so they are not getting any money. When I'm billed correctly, they will be paid. Also informed them that I am not longer a customer so they have 6 weeks to collect their equipment, or I will have to dispose of. They don't seem to care though.

My account number is 29783376, if ye want to try and fix it. But I certainly won't be wasting anymore time on ye

Horrible disgraceful behavior. I was actually a small bit guilt ridden cancelling aswell, but happy to have found out how eir operate so i never have to touch them again
    Hi eurokev,

Is there anything i can help you with?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

Well I'm not too pushed anymore. I did my part trying to close my account.

If you can do that, issue me a correct bill, and arrange for equipment collection. It would be great just for closure

No offence but I'm not holding out much hope. I'm not ringing anyone, being put on hold or jumping through any hoops though, Iv done that already.

As I say, just close the account, issue me the correct bill, and collect equipment.
    It should be very easy, but it just seems eir as a company make it a difficult game.

eurokev wrote: »
    Well I'm not too pushed anymore. I did my part trying to close my account.

If you can do that, issue me a correct bill, and arrange for equipment collection. It would be great just for closure

No offence but I'm not holding out much hope. I'm not ringing anyone, being put on hold or jumping through any hoops though, Iv done that already.

As I say, just close the account, issue me the correct bill, and collect equipment.
    It should be very easy, but it just seems eir as a company make it a difficult game.
    No problem  eurokev.
    Please feel free to PM me and I will take a look into this.

-Pamela

Just to update here on OP.. Today I received a letter from a debt collector on eircoms behalf. This is despite the cancelling of my order well within the cooling off period back in the summer before I received either equipment or installation.
    It is also despite 6 eircom reps confirming cancellation by phone, the eir reps on here saying they would resolve it and an eir rep on twitter saying she would resolve it.

EIR YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT MUST BE THE WORST IN IRELAND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Just to update here on OP.. Today I received a letter from a debt collector on eircoms behalf. This is despite the cancelling of my order well within the cooling off period back in the summer before I received either equipment or installation.
    It is also despite 6 eircom reps confirming cancellation by phone, the eir reps on here saying they would resolve it and an eir rep on twitter saying she would resolve it.

EIR YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT MUST BE THE WORST IN IRELAND.

Haha they're unreal aren't they? They issued a cheque to me 3 months after I cancelled as I overpaid my account. Yet today I also arrived home to a letter from Cabot Debt Collectors in relation to Eir. I just got straight onto COMREG as pretty sure they have breached data protection laws.

Im just in the process of emailing comreg now myself. I should have done it months ago.
    For anyone reading this, comreg is the only course of action with these clowns. You are wasting your time dealing directly with them.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sweeper keeper,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your name & account number & I'll look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

SteoL wrote: »

Haha they're unreal aren't they? They issued a cheque to me 3 months after I cancelled as I overpaid my account. Yet today I also arrived home to a letter from Cabot Debt Collectors in relation to Eir. I just got straight onto COMREG as pretty sure they have breached data protection laws.
    Hi  SteoL,

I'm sorry to hear this.
    Can you PM me your name & account number & I'll look into this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sweeper keeper,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your name & account number & I'll look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]
    No thanks, I did that before on here Pamela and guess what?...nobody did anything!

I have no faith whatsoever in anything to do with Eirs customer service.

In my experience, its a sham, a multi-million euro waste, basically a big fake customer service department.

A phone-answering service where zombies just take phone calls and emails and carry out no action.

I've been in touch with Comreg and they said they will deal with it on my behalf.

• Advertisement

Comreg is the only way to deal with these Muppets. Eir are fined each year by Comreg for their poor service and broken promises so make sure to log a complaint.

http://m.independent.ie/business/technology/comreg-warns-eircom-over-line-faults-and-weak-internet-30939130.html
    It might be small money to them but its a small way at getting back at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Hi  SteoL,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

That's OK Pamela, Sasi confirmed I owe nothing. Not sure why you sent my info to Cabot. COMREG are interested in finding out why on my behalf.

SteoL wrote: »
    Hi  SteoL,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

That's OK Pamela, Sasi confirmed I owe nothing. Not sure why you sent my info to Cabot.  COMREG are interested in finding out why on my behalf.
    No problem  SteoL, if you change your mind feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement