Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Means of automatically deleting SPAM g mail?

Options
  • 18-08-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm posting in the right area but I am loathe to wait 30 days for mail that g mail designates as spam to be automatically deleted.

I tried creating a filter and typing is:spam on the has the words field and marking it read and ticking the delete it box...clicking the create filter button.

However all this does is move the mails designated as spam to the bin where they will still require deletion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm posting in the right area but I am loathe to wait 30 days for mail that g mail designates as spam to be automatically deleted.

I tried creating a filter and typing is:spam on the has the words field and marking it read and ticking the delete it box...clicking the create filter button.

However all this does is move the mails designated as spam to the bin where they will still require deletion?

Don't worry about it, it's Google's problem. For the same reason I have never deleted a mail from my Gmail. It's Google's server, I don't care if it fills up.

Unless of course you ate using a third party client with Gmail. If so why?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Don't worry about it, it's Google's problem. For the same reason I have never deleted a mail from my Gmail. It's Google's server, I don't care if it fills up.

Unless of course you ate using a third party client with Gmail. If so why?

Using my own g mail account?

Using my own g mail account?

I meant thunderbird or similar email software.

Honestly, why do you care about deleting them, they're not taking up space or even notifying you.

I meant thunderbird or similar email software.

Honestly, why do you care about deleting them, they're not taking up space or even notifying you.

I care because they're e mails of an objectionable type.

I care because they're e mails of an objectionable type.

Ah, I don't get those but I have a spam catcher yahoo email I use for any site I'm not sure of.

This says you can create a filter
    https://www.oxhow.com/how-to-automatically-delete-spam-emails-in-gmail/

• Advertisement

Ah, I don't get those but I have a spam catcher yahoo email I use for any site I'm not sure of.

This says you can create a filter
    https://www.oxhow.com/how-to-automatically-delete-spam-emails-in-gmail/

Thanks but I tried same already,that simply moves the spam to my bin.Little value.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Actual issue? 404
    OCD: Abundant

Thanks but I tried same already,that simply moves the spam to my bin.Little value.

Don't look in the bin then. You'll only know they're there if you look.

Advertisement