Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC - SMART LIGHTS - NIGHT ONLY

Options
  • 18-08-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey all.

So today I was doing an alarm install and the customer asked me to setup a 70 watt night light. Usually I'd just stick in a steinel photocell and away it goes. But today wiring the photocell was not too easy because of location. So I thought I'd have a go at using the SMART LIGHTS feature on the HKC 1070.

So this is what i did.

I setup output 1 on the panel as SMART LIGHT and ticked the negative polarity box.

Next I went into TIMERS and scrolled down to SMART LIGHTS.

I setup USER NUMBER as 1
    I left INTERVAL as 1 min
    I ticked the NIGHT ONLY box
    I setup OUTPUT DEVICE as PANEL
    I setup OUTPUT NUMBER as 1

And according to the night only feature, during the month of August, the SMART LIGHT output should fire at 20.00.

But of course this didn't happen for me.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Enda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

What voltage is the light?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

It's a 220volt light. But I'm running it through a 12volt dc relay which I have wired into the output.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Just trying to eliminate the basics.
    I take it you have the negative of the relay in output 1. Have you tried turning the output on thru output test to make sure the lights come on?

Hi Mick John. Thanks for your reply. Was talking to Stephen in the meantime. He explained to me where I was going wrong. I didn't realise, but I needed a trigger first. Thanks again. But sorted now.

And thanks Stephen!! Have a good weekend all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement