Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW2 Matchday thread..shh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

52 -4 with Friend and Boruc to play.

Hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

76 Gaston to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

66 with Negredo to play. Recovered after Ibra having a stormer. Thank god Nolito came on and scored two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

77 all in. Very disappointed with Evans and Amat but all 3 strikers doimg well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

70 all done when my BPs roll in.

I can't help but feel a little pissed about going for Vardy over Gray but that's a minor foible.

A goal and assist for Mirallas in 2 games for 6.5 is a pleasing return and for 3 points less was a whole million cheaper than Barkley who's getting all this attention.

Realistically Friend can be the major foe tomorrow as he sits on my bench.

Up to 42k from 226k overnight and 94k after GW 1.

Just interesting to see what the drop will be after the 2 games and subs tomorrow.

Cracking start compared to usual :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

70 with only my good Friend left to play.

Two good weeks, very positive signs after least seasons poor showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

In the top 14k :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

5K !!!!!!
    jaysus I'm too nervous now to make a transfer :D
    will have to look at fixtures now after gw3 to see if I'll wildcard as planned as I only set up the team for first 3 weeks but keepers are fine. Valencia is staying long term as are hazard ibra and kun so I may just use the transfers to tidy up a bit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

18 on my bench this week. 20 last week. Why didn't I play my BB!!

62 this week, OR 94k Happy enough with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Up to 85k from 220k with 70 point. No players left, so will probably drop a bit tomorrow. Should still be a good week.

Very disappointed with my 5 man midfield. 11 points in total. Will have to have a look at that, though all of them were away this week, so was never likely to get amazing returns. Gerry D has to go thougj I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

73 with PvA to play :D

71(-4) with Friend and PVA to go...

I think I'll be selling Sanchez as well. Never thought I'd say that after GW2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

45 points with Friend to play tomorrow.....so my brief flirtation with top 50k last week over!.....
    Too many points left on bench with Jaku and Gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

74 all out, just outside 5k! I made two early transfers including moving Gray out so hopefully I won't regret that! I'll be WC next week (or the week after) so can always correct that transfer if it comes to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

75 with 2 points to come off the bench, just outside 10k my best start in years

64 all out, happy with that despite not having Hazard or Zlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

Do you get a new bench boost, triple captain and attack option after Christmas like with the wildcard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

sm3ar wrote: »
    Do you get a new bench boost, triple captain and attack option after Christmas like with the wildcard?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

48 with Friend and Callum Wilson left, not great. Alli cameo took away Capoue points and stupid Hazard yellow lost 4 points. Loving this Foster/Heaton rotation :rolleyes:, two straight 10 pointers on the bench

• Advertisement

Costa should have got a second yellow today at one nil .........2 games in a row he scores the winner when he Should not have been on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Just inside top 10k, might no last but I'll enjoy it while I'm there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

km79 wrote: »
    Costa should have got a second yellow today at one nil .........2 games in a row he scores the winner when he Should not have been on the pitch

not to worry, he'll be having a break in GW6

not to worry, he'll be having a break in GW6

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

70 scored. Friend coming off the bench tomorrow with Sagna not playing. Have Jak Capoue and Mee also on bench keeping their points to themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

66 all done. Aguero captain, Gray and Shaw getting me most my points. Up to 129,000 overall which isn't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Up to 1792 in the world, nosebleed territory :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

81 (-4) with Love to go, daycent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Big scores around here as usual you shower of ba$tards. :)

55 with Friend to play. By no means a disaster. 200k overall which is very decent compared to last year.

Piss poor defence. 2 x 1 and a 2 from keeper and defs so far. Pretty poor in midfield with 10 from 4. But Zlatan and Aguero.....

Meh week as the Ramsey replacement candidates all blanked. At least Lamela got the price rise.

Vardy blank and Costa managed not to get sent off so early rtransfer worked out ok.

Goodnight.

I'm keeping a close close eye on where Jose lines Pogba up
    He was VERY attacking last night
    Also Jose said Zlatan Rooney and Pogba are the penalty takers
    8.5 may not be overpriced as he will have a share of free kicks too
    Watch list

And by the way. What the actual fcuk was the story with that pathetic 'penalty' awarded against my Man City clean sheet!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Down from 11k to 16k. Will be lower after tomorrow but happy overall with the start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

48 with Manone left.
    On the ropes after 2 weeks with 92pts (OR 1.65M)
    Sanchez and Firmino are a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

East European Road Trip day 8: my friends' wedding day.

Very nice pieces of Slovakian traditions (costumes and dances and music) by the way.
    iroced wrote: »
    [...]it feckin' sucks anyway and I'm feckin' gonna [...] call this feckin' GW over.
    Yeah yeah blah blah blah whatever... I, of course, had to check my team.

68 pts (49 of it from my front 3) with Friend to go. Looks very good considering my 42k temporary OR and... just good looking at the FSA Prem' :pac:.

Another great wasted BB with 24 pts on the bench :rolleyes:. Can't we all just play 15 players every GW :p?!

Anyhow. Felt failing to (C) Ibra was gonna cost me big time. Captain superKun equalled him :D.
    Was raging I did not play Swansea's Amat. They lost 2-0 at home though Friend still has to make this non-choice a good one...

And have to be honest, never considered in the little time I gave to FPL last week neither Jakupovic over Foster nor doubling up with McAuley at the back nor playing Capoue ahead of Townsend (though maybe I should now).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Thrilled again! Inside the top 1k OR at 937. 1st in two leagues and 3rd in fplalerts league. Some start and long may it continue! :D played stupidly safe on transfers to fill out the squad and make sure everyone is getting minutes with the 2 banked transfers in order to have BB at the ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

56 with Friend to go and Amat to sub in for Kone.

It's been a solid if unspectacular start (56 points last week as well) - banked the transfer this week but will be moving on 2 from Vardy, Firmino, Spacecraft and VVD...have 1.5m in the bank so no problems getting Zlatan in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

55 with Negredo & Friend left to play. I've activated my wildcard to sort out my squad. Darmian, Kante, Musa are just not going to be picked or get enough points so they are gone. That's a start so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

54 with Negredo and Payet to go.

I really need Payet to do something - my midfield is doing nothing so far (6 from 3).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

shineon23 wrote: »
    Wow. early doors.
    I was tempted to triple captain Aguero in gw1.
    But i cant see me not using the bench boost on a big double gameweek again.
    150plus points late last season was a saviour.

Up to 87 points now with 2 to play so I would say using my bench boost was a success.
    I have yet to see a double gameweek where I have double gameweekers on the bench...so that would not be a reason for me to hold on to it.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Up to 87 points now with 2 to play so I would say using my bench boost was a success.
    I have yet to see a double gameweek where I have double gameweekers on the bench...so that would not be a reason for me to hold on to it.

I always start transferring dgw players in as soon as its convenient to. Always have 9-11 dgw'ers.

I always start transferring dgw players in as soon as its convenient to. Always have 9-11 dgw'ers.

You need more than 11 to benefit from bench boost in dgw, otherwise you can use it at any time your bench feels strong.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    You need more than 11 to benefit from bench boost in dgw, otherwise you can use it at any time your bench feels strong.

I had 30 dgw'ers last year. All about the planning.

I had 90 :p

wonski wrote: »

Not necessarily. If you have 11 DGW players the 4 non dgw players may be the 'first 11' (e.g. Aguero or somebody you wouldn't be dropping just cause they have only 1 game) and therfore the 4 extra players from the BB may be guys who play twice. They may not be premium players but you can certainly have an extra 4x2 players by playing BB in a DGW.

This is a bit of a misconception I see when this discussion arises, the assumption that if you play BB with only 11/15 having doubles that the 'bench' are the SGW players so no gain on playing in a SGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It more than likely cost you in other ways though. As you had limited yourself to players from half the squads in the league. I'd imagine there was point hits after and you missed out on the spurs haul that gw.

FHFC wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If you have 11 DGW players the 4 non dgw players may be the 'first 11' (e.g. Aguero or somebody you wouldn't be dropping just cause they have only 1 game) and therfore the 4 extra players from the BB may be guys who play twice. They may not be premium players but you can certainly have an extra 4x2 players by playing BB in a DGW.

This is a bit of a misconception I see when this discussion arises, the assumption that if you play BB with only 11/15 having doubles that the 'bench' are the SGW players so no gain on playing in a SGW.

I hear you, and I will definitely wait with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#SAFC XI v @Boro: Mannone, van Aanholt, Djiliobodji, O’Shea, McNair, Love, Rodwell, Gooch, Watmore, Januzaj, Defoe.
    Substitutes: Pickford, Khazri, Lens, Pienaar, Asoro, T Robson, J Robson.

Middlesbrough XI vs. Sunderland: Guzan; Nsue, Barragan, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Forshaw; Stuani, Ramirez, Downing; Negredo.
    Valdes not in squad

It more than likely cost you in other ways though. As you had limited yourself to players from half the squads in the league. I'd imagine there was point hits after and you missed out on the spurs haul that gw.

Not that I remember. The only chip that didn't work out was TC. Ended the season on 51k, which was my highest placing. My best season was 250k finish! I'd be delighted if get top 100k again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

FFS,no valdes and big andy a major doubt#season over#no luck at fpl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

FFS,no valdes and big andy a major doubt#season over#no luck at fpl

Big Andy out for 6 weeks it looks like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

In fairness Carroll is always getting injured. I just avoid players who get injured these days except for Aguero because he's not worth going without.

The likes of Evans, Phil Jones, Sturridge etc. have stung me more than I'd like to admit

Advertisement