Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW2 Matchday thread..shh

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

117 pts has me at 645k.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

71 points this week (135 total). Up to 113k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

2433 overall with 151
    Forgot to update my team - van Aanholt came in for Shaqiri

14K overall, with 148. That means 3 pts = 12,000 places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

60 this week and 134 overall for 128k overall.

Main regret I have is going with Vardy and 1.5m ITB for the first 2 weeks rather than starting with Ibra, cost me about 120k places in OR. Mistake has now been corrected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

76 points in week 1, 76 points in week 2
    Currently lying in 7573 place overall.
    As somebody whose primary enjoyment in this game is seeing green arrows as often as possible this does not bode well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

139 points has me at 66,800 approx.

Best start I've ever had thanks to the splash out on Kun and Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

66 points, 111 total.

945k OR

Only way is up from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

153 points (GW1 75, GW2 78) leaves me 5,533rd position. Have to credit FSA, a good few of my decisions were based on peoples comments on here.

Highest finish was 5,633 in 2012/13 so would love to equal or beat that.

wonski wrote: »
    66 points, 111 total.

945k OR

Only way is up from now on.

Top 1 million is absolutely fine at this stage, and you'll get to see those beautiful green arrows, I haven't the info to hand but I'm pretty sure I was deep in the two millions after two weeks last year. Just had a look and see that I was 1.7m after week 3, still finished 12k.

• Advertisement

Top 1 million is absolutely fine at this stage, and you'll get to see those beautiful green arrows, I haven't the info to hand but I'm pretty sure I was deep in the two millions after two weeks last year. Just had a look and see that I was 1.7m after week 3, still finished 12k.

Not worried at all. If I see myself down there after 30 weeks, I will be worried :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I was ranked 2.8 million at this stage last season. Finished the season ranked 8k. Overall position means very little at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

62 points this week, following last week's 59, which adds up to 469k OR, though I'm not getting too hung up on that yet.

Reasonably happy with the start, apart from the massive mistake of starting with Vardy over Ibra. Have rectified that now, though the 20 point deficit from making the wrong call still stings. And to think I sided on Vardy so I could fit bloody Sanchez in :rolleyes: I'm happy with my team, though, which is the main thing - may even forego the early WC.

Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Reasonably happy with the start, apart from the massive mistake of starting with Vardy over Ibra. Have rectified that now, though the 20 point deficit from making the wrong call still stings. And to think I sided on Vardy so I could fit bloody Sanchez in :rolleyes: I'm happy with my team, though, which is the main thing - may even forego the early WC.

Same here. Really for me it was a choice between having Sanchez or Ibra for the opening couple of games. I thought I was playing it safe by going with Sanchez!

60 points for the week for a total of 129 leaves me wit a 217k ranking. Not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Newb question, how can I see my previous years at this time? I think this is my best ever start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

67 points, 127 in total. 267k O.R. happy enough with this start

Newb question, how can I see my previous years at this time? I think this is my best ever start.

Can't be done, quite a few here post their position here at the end of most weeks to track it in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just watched MOTD2
    My god PVA is such a weird player :D
    Why does he even play left back he CANT defend
    Can't do the basics of it
    But such an attacking threat
    Why was he even in the position to tap the goal in LOL
    Legend
    I'll own him soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Just watched MOTD2
    My god PVA is such a weird player :D
    Why does he even play left back he CANT defend
    Can't do the basics of it
    But such an attacking threat
    Why was he even in the position to tap the goal in LOL
    Legend
    I'll own him soon

The problem with PVA is that as an FPL concept he just doesn't add up.

He scores and assists like no other defender, but the attacking returns are random and could come in any match. So if you are paying that price for him you need to play him every game to get the attacking returns. But he's a terrible defender in a pretty terrible defence so you can't

Unless Moyes gets some signings and some time to sort the defence out PVA doesn't work IMO. And sorting out a defence is harder if your full back thinks he's a centre forward.

Maybe, maybe he'd be worth a spin for a very kind run of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

He adds up to 51 points with a TC on him :D

*runs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

He scores and assists like no other defender, but the attacking returns are random and could come in any match. So if you are paying that price for him you need to play him every game to get the attacking returns. But he's a terrible defender in a pretty terrible defence so you can't

Unless Moyes gets some signings and some time to sort the defence out PVA doesn't work IMO. And sorting out a defence is harder if your full back thinks he's a centre forward.

Maybe, maybe he'd be worth a spin for a very kind run of fixtures.

He is a play every week defender if ya have him no doubt about it

With 6 clean sheets last season you rely on goals and assists only, though.

Not the worst idea, but for 5.0 I would like a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This is it. And for that you need better odds of a clean sheet.

That Mr P doesn't own him kinda says it all! ;)

This is it. And for that you need better odds of a clean sheet.

Maybe a luxury for the first half when money Is tight but we'll all own him after Christmas, I had him up to the last minute pre season. If I had him I'd certainly play him every week except away to the top 5 when you can pretty much 100% guarantee no clean sheet, that's when he'll svore and assist of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

:eek: I do, does that mean I'm a looney? :D

Advertisement