Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for field to use kids motocross/quad in meath/navan

Options
  • 19-08-2016 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi.

I am looking for some help if possible
    I live in meath navan. In johnstown.
    I have just got the kids a small little bike and quad and now looking for somewhere close to home to bring the kids on the bikes very now and then.

The are still very young 5 and 8 so does not have to be a track a straight farmers field would be perfect. Does anyone know any farmers.
    These bikes are 4 stroke and small so would not rip grass or wreck a field.

Any help on this would be great. They have all the safety gear and won't be going fast so will be ready safe.

I was been looking for somewhere for some time now and still no joy so would be great to get sorted and bring the kids out now and then.

Thanks

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Can't imagine any farmer letting you use their land for to the risk of something happening and then getting sued.Unfortunately that's the litigious nature of today's society.
    Would you not have looked into this before making the purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seancrowe90

Can't imagine any farmer letting you use their land for to the risk of something happening and then getting sued.Unfortunately that's the litigious nature of today's society.
    Would you not have looked into this before making the purchase?

I am fully 100% covered myself and have insurance so nothing will be brought to the the farmer at all. It all out my own risk.

I did look into it and there is a track in gormanstown but this is a track I am thinking more a little field flat feilf really just do they can go around on them.

I am sure I am not the only one in the whole of meath that as done this and looking for something like myself so time will tell if there is any were out there.

We live in meath not Dublin we are covered with unused fields it's just a matter for talking to someone that always goes some where now that they can tell me here or someone that old land that they never use.

Word of mouth is key so I am sure something will come forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

we are covered with unused fields .

I don't think that is true - the vast majority of fields are used and if they appear to be empty (just grass for example) then its because the farmer does not want it used - farmers rotate cattle around their land to ensure good grass growth. I just can't see any farmer allowing you on for this reason alone, nevermind fear of claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Join a local motocross group, there are plenty of them around, they will have courses to use, contrary to popular belief there are farmers who will allow this, you just have to find them.

Do you not need license to drive even small moto?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Offroad???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Driving licence is only required for roads ( in the legal sense of the word road ) and public places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Best of luck but I doubt anyone is going to want the hassle or responsibility.

Advertisement