Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Field for motocross and quads for kids in navan/meath

• 19-08-2016 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi.

I am looking for some help if possible
    I live in meath navan. In johnstown.
    I have just got the kids a small little bike and quad and now looking for somewhere close to home to bring the kids on the bikes very now and then.

The are still very young 5 and 8 so does not have to be a track a straight farmers field would be perfect. Does anyone know any farmers.
    These bikes are 4 stroke and small so would not rip grass or wreck a field.

Any help on this would be great. They have all the safety gear and won't be going fast so will be ready safe.

I was been looking for somewhere for some time now and still no joy so would be great to get sorted and bring the kids out now and then.

Thanks

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

There is a good spot just outside Dundalk off exit 20 on the M1 so not to far away http://northeast-adventures.co.uk/

They have a pay and play event on this weekend you can get more info on there page. https://www.facebook.com/IrelandNorthEast.Adventures/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

5 year old on a quad????

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seancrowe90

Pkiernan wrote: »
    5 year old on a quad????

Yeah and have you a problem???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Pkiernan wrote: »
    5 year old on a quad????

Ive seen kids that age on trials bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Quads are way more dangerous than bikes. The problem is serious head injury or becoming trapped if it overturns and lands on the rider.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Quads are way more dangerous than bikes. The problem is serious head injury or becoming trapped if it overturns and lands on the rider.

Talking to a brick wall there I think.

Those kids should have bicycles at that age, not a quad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Ive seen kids that age on trials bikes.

My youngest is 5, more than capable on a quad (drifting, wheelie etc) and a minimoto, can even drive the ride-on lawnmower; next Rossi :cool:

Ludicrous applying arbitrary age limits to things, BTW he's been on a balance bike since he could stand if that makes any difference.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I got mine a PW80 but no way would I let them have a quad, too much weight with a quad if it gets out of shape.
    Bikes are a different story, when they crash the rider and bike usually part ways.

Advertisement