Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chaning over mobile from 3 network to vodafone

Options
  • 19-08-2016 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum folks but I gave my Mum a Samsung mobile to replace her 10 year old nokia mobile. The samsung mobile was used by me working on a short term contract and it was with the 3 network. After the work contract finished we were aloud to keep the phones and I decided to give it to my mum. When she went to the Vodafone network store they said it would cost approx 100 euro for her to use it. Would this be true and if there anything she can do to enable her to use it that would be cheaper in terms of keeping all her contacts, settings, phone number etc. Sorry I am not well versed n the whole process involved in this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Sounds like the phone is locked to 3.

Have you put the Vodafone SIM in the phone yet? If it works, happy days, if not then there are various ways to get an unlock code such as ebay. Cost of unlocking depends on the model of phone but it should be nothing like 100 euro, 25 or less would be a ballpark guess, the newer the model the higher the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭billyhead

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Sounds like the phone is locked to 3.

Have you put the Vodafone SIM in the phone yet? If it works, happy days, if not then there are various ways to get an unlock code such as ebay. Cost of unlocking depends on the model of phone but it should be nothing like 100 euro, 25 or less would be a ballpark guess, the newer the model the higher the cost.
    thanks for the reply. Yep I swapped the sim from her old phone and I could not bypass the password step

Advertisement