Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vets racing season

Options
  • 19-08-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Thinking about joining the vets next season but what I was wondering and couldn't see it on their site was do they do many road races or is it mainly tt racing

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thinking about joining the vets next season but what I was wondering and couldn't see it on their site was do they do many road races or is it mainly tt racing
    More RRs than TTs. Almost every Sunday end of March to end of August and many Tuesdays from May to early August.

Check the race calendar on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Make sure you go to the new website

www.theivca.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

What Beasty said. More Road Racing than you can shake a stick at.

I joined this year and it was brilliant. The organisation is incredible. Missed the last few weeks due to holidays and work but I really enjoyed the season. Mostly it involved getting my ass handed to me by Jedi Masters. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i missed it this year but will be back next year. Enjoyable racing. I also enjoyed the TTs

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

First year racing (both in Vets and in general) and would highly recommend for anyone considering whether to take the plunge. Weekly (if not bi-weekly) road racing, normally on Sundays and Tuesday, with TTs held on Saturday mornings. There is also a leisure element throughout the year and track championships held in September. Highly supportive environment although competitive for sure!

Majority of races this year have been based in Kildare which may or may not suit you based on location, work commitments etc especially in the evenings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Thanks for all the info as a matter of interest the RR are they run from scratch or is there some kind of handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

RR are handicapped. Mostly ability based and some age based races.

Most RR are DMS (divided mass start handicap races) due to large numbers of entrants, i.e. Divided into 3 separate races with similar groups handicapped against each other.
    e.g. Race 3 is semi-scratch being chased by the scratch group.

Plenty of different ability groups for new entrants to try their hand at racing.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

7 groups and most weeks 4 races based on ability. Age CPs are the exception (when everyone is in the same handicapped race)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Are they vets numbers those I see on seatposts at club races?

Are they vets numbers those I see on seatposts at club races?

Yep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement