Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago in March

Options
  • 19-08-2016 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, looks like I will be going to New York for St Patrick's day next year and I'm contemplating adding Chicago to the itinerary for a few nights.

I've never been to Chicago before so just wondering is it worthwhile a visit in March? I know it gets pretty damn cold the in winter, I can't seem to get any good info online regarding what weather to expect in March. Is it very unpredictable that time of year?

Any advice would be great! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I was there last year the end of March, and it was cold, and I typically don't feel the cold. There was still bits of snow on the ground, not much of it mind but it was very cold, due to the breeze and wind chill blowing in over the lake too along between Navy Pier and the Adler planetarium. It's a nice city to visit though. It didn't rain/snow at all when i was there it was just cold which you wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭leesadin

I actually done that trip this march. NY for Paddys Day then hit Illinois to meet some people for 4 days and then 3 nights in Chicago.. Weather was cold but once you wrapped up it was nice.. It lashed the first evening in Chicago but thankfully that was our day for shopping! :) Sun was shining for the rest of the visit but it was very cold. Just wrap up warm and you are sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Thanks for the replies, very helpful!

Advertisement