Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IF I WANT TO CANCEL A DIRECT DEBIT DO I NEED TO OPEN AN ONLINE ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH I

Options
  • 19-08-2016 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

As per the heading, a family friend went to bank recently to cancel a DD and was MADE open an online account  there and then as this was the ONLY way that a DD could be cancelled!!  Is this correct or true??

PS even though person has no computer access and is in their 70's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

swoofer wrote: »
    As per the heading, a family friend went to bank recently to cancel a DD and was MADE open an online account  there and then as this was the ONLY way that a DD could be cancelled!!  Is this correct or true??

PS even though person has no computer access and is in their 70's
    Hi swoofer, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry that your family friend was advised that it is necessary to do this through 365 Online, while it may be quicker to cancel the direct debit through 365 Online, it is not necessary to cancel this through 365 Online. Can you please let us know what branch this occurred in? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭swoofer

I tried to PM you but no joy.   I cant say branch and to add insult to injury they put in her wrong DOB which made it impossible to access online anyway and they never cancelled the DD!!

Can you tell me how the DD should have been cancelled?  I thought they could go to counter and request it. 

By the way thanks for very quick response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

swoofer wrote: »
    I tried to PM you but no joy.   I cant say branch and to add insult to injury they put in her wrong DOB which made it impossible to access online anyway and they never cancelled the DD!!

Can you tell me how the DD should have been cancelled?  I thought they could go to counter and request it. 

By the way thanks for very quick response.
    Hi swoofer, 

Sorry to hear that the date of birth was entered in incorrectly when registering for 365 Online, has a representative since amended this for her? If you wish to send a private message, please click on the link in my signature (please make sure you have signatures set to display on your Boards settings). 

You can cancel a SEPA direct debit by filling in a cancellation form which can be found on our website here

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement