Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to EIR eVISION BOX, POWERLINE ADAPTORS, ROUTER, when I cancel account?

Options
  • 19-08-2016 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

What happens to EIR eVISION BOX, POWERLINE ADAPTORS, ROUTER, when I cancel account? 

Will eir come and collect?  Can I keep them? Can I throw them out/sell them?   How do I get them back to eir, they are bulky, heavy, cumbersome and will cost to post?  How do I know eir ever got them?

Can I drop them off at a convenient location, near me?

What happens if I do nothing and just keep them?

PS nobody seems to know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

swoofer wrote: »

Will eir come and collect?  Can I keep them? Can I throw them out/sell them?   How do I get them back to eir, they are bulky, heavy, cumbersome and will cost to post?  How do I know eir ever got them?

Can I drop them off at a convenient location, near me?

What happens if I do nothing and just keep them?

PS nobody seems to know.
    Hi Swoofer,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

Once an account is closed a courier will be sent out to collect the modem. This will be free of charge and once we receive the equipment back we will waive any charges off your account for the equipment. 

If a courier fails to come out you can freepost the equipment back to us at: 
    eir returns,
    PO Box 12726,
    Freepost,
    Dublin 11.

If you do not wish to post them back you can dispose of them in the most environmentally friendly way possible. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

That makes sense but before this reply I got a lot of conflicting information.   No mention was made of courier, no mention of postal address, and what actually happened was my friend got billed twice after ringing  on 6th July to say they had switched and got charged €59.99 for kit!!  Plus another €42.68.

You mention the modem what about the evision stuff??

What do I put on packet to identify the sender?   is it telephone number?  address or account number?

Finally, today they cancelled their DD to Eir but must they contact eir to advise them to cancel it at their end?

This has taken ages, switch was 7th July and its now 19th August.

And thank you for very quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

swoofer wrote: »
    That makes sense but before this reply I got a lot of conflicting information.   No mention was made of courier, no mention of postal address, and what actually happened was my friend got billed twice after ringing  on 6th July to say they had switched and got charged €59.99 for kit!!  Plus another €42.68.

You mention the modem what about the evision stuff??

What do I put on packet to identify the sender?   is it telephone number?  address or account number?

Finally, today they cancelled their DD to Eir but must they contact eir to advise them to cancel it at their end?

This has taken ages, switch was 7th July and its now 19th August.

And thank you for very quick reply.
    Hi Swoofer, 

I am very sorry to hear nobody advised you off this previously. 

When the courier comes out all the equipment you have received will be collected. 

If the courier fails to go out and collect this equipment and you need to post it please provide an account number and landline number so we can identify the account. 

In regards to the direct debit, yes, they would need to cancel eir and have them remove this from their side also. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement