Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

status request on Fibre in Kinvara Co. Galway

Options
  • 19-08-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    can I get a status update on Kinvara Co. Galway exchange upgrade to efibre. It was at 6 weeks for a long time and then a few months ago went to Autumn.
    I understand that this is one of only 3 exchanges not live in Galway. It has also been suggested that Eir are no longer actively pursuing the upgrade of this exchange and will just wait until it is superseded by FTTH in the next 1 to 5 years.
    Can someone please review and respond.
    Thanks in advance and enjoy the weekend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hello,
    can I get a status update on Kinvara Co. Galway exchange upgrade to efibre. It was at 6 weeks for a long time and then a few months ago went to Autumn.
    I understand that this is one of only 3 exchanges not live in Galway. It has also been suggested that Eir are no longer actively pursuing the upgrade of this exchange and will just wait until it is superseded by FTTH in the next 1 to 5 years.
    Can someone please review and respond.
    Thanks in advance and enjoy the weekend
    Hi irishgrover,

Thank you for getting in touch :) I am very sorry to hear this. 

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. 

I can assure you there are ongoing plans to upgrade a number of exchanges which has been running for a number of years now. Unfortunately, we are unable to give an estimated timeframe on this. 

You can view the most up to date information we have available in the link below. I would recommend you register your details in this link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified. 
    http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

thanks for getting back to me Ciara,
    simpler binary question this time...that you can respond with a Yes or a No
    '
    "Is it true that eircom engineers (including subcontractors) have stopped actively working on upgrading this exchange"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

thanks for getting back to me Ciara,
    simpler binary question this time...that you can respond with a Yes or a No
    '
    "Is it true that eircom engineers (including subcontractors) have stopped actively working on upgrading this exchange"
    Hi irishgrover,

No problem at all :)

Unfortunately, this is not something we would be may aware off as that information would not be passed onto us. I am afraid I would be unable to advise you of that from here.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement